What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
my RS540 claims a 130k native contrast ratio. Was the measurement different or is going to a 40k or 80k really acccurate?

View attachment 111179
I don’t know. But I assume JVC is using same criteria from NX to NZ lines. Still, projector life isn’t solely about native contrast, so I’m looking forward to real reviews. But it makes me a bit anxious that it’s not a simple like to like upgrade from 5/7/9 to 5z/7z/9z. They seem to be playing naming games to intentionally confuse the customer by shifting naming from 5/7/9 to 7/8/9. TBD, pending reviews.
I'm one of those people but I'm also capping what I'm willing to pay at about 5K. Maybe I'm being unrealistic but this announcement suggests a year or so of patience might allow that to happen due to typical tech trickle down.
It’s been a “year or so of patience” for the past five years. It looks like it’s going to be another 3 to 5 years to get this quality projector for $5,000 MSRP.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’m wondering if the 120Hz means that input sources can be 24hz, 30Hz, 60Hz and the projector interpolates to 120hz for fixed HDMI sync? Risk of SOE. But for projectors this might be optimal? This is something I’ve been kinda wanting to have as a feature in case it works well.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s been a “year or so of patience” for the past five years. It looks like it’s going to be another 3 to 5 years to get this quality projector for $5,000 MSRP.

Hey, that’s about when I’m hoping to upgrade and what I’d be hoping to spend at most, so… cool! :D

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’m seeing people saying they’ve got pricing already from dealers. Guess I should start making calls to see what pricing and availability is.

I should probably also check on current pricing for the NX7, new and used.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Lots of new projectors and other new a/v equipment launching today at CEDIA, live and virtually.

On of the biggest announcements is JVC's three new 8K Laser Projectors, NX7, NZ8 and NZ9. More details and specs are on our website.

Here's the first Youtube video from SpareChange and me announcing these new high performance 8K RGB Laser Projectors:

For folks like @John Dirk , there's a lamp-based upgrade to the NX5, the NZ5, coming out early 2022. Pricing unannounced. If I were guessing, I'd put it at $7000 MSRP, but hope springs eternal it will be a $5k MSRP model

See 4:22 of Robert Zohn's video.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
For folks like @John Dirk , there's a lamp-based upgrade to the NX5, the NZ5, coming out early 2022. Pricing unannounced. If I were guessing, I'd put it at $7000 MSRP, but hope springs eternal it will be a $5k MSRP model

See 4:22 of Robert Zohn's video.
My bad. I obviously wasn't clear in my previous post. If I buy another projector it will almost certainly be laser based, otherwise why bother. My Epson isn't at all bad. I just believe the day good JVC options are available in the 5K range may come sooner than you.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, I probably wouldn't really wanna buy another lamp-based PJ either. The next one will likely be my last and will need to last many years (and not still need costly lamp replacements)...

I'm guessing the laser units also run cooler than lamp-based, so there's that too, especially for hot summer months -- the extra space heating is welcome enough in the northeast winter though, haha...

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy w/ my current Epson 5050UB for the foreseeable future...

_Man_

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
9E967C4E-3A80-4E0E-A701-81901D8C661E.jpeg

GeorgeHolland

Stunt Coordinator
Curious how I've received a few quotes for the NZ8/RS3100 if dealers don't have pricing from JVC yet. I'll be getting one but should sell my RS2000 first after I research what a fair resale value is. As it was recently replaced under JVC warranty and shipped new stock from JVC it only has 118 hours. Still conflicted on if I should upgrade since I've had it calibrated and it looks fantastic but I like new toys.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
We have the prices listed on our website along with some additional information on these new projectors. Here's the prices:

NZ7 $9,999, NZ8, $14,999, NZ9 $24,999. JVC has not told the dealers our costs yet.

that doesn’t track with what posters at AVS are reporting. Apparently some dealers have quoted them preorder discounts. I guess some dealers could be guessing but that seems risky.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
that doesn’t track with what posters at AVS are reporting. Apparently some dealers have quoted them preorder discounts. I guess some dealers could be guessing but that seems risky.

I would think they could make good educated guesses based on JVC's (and industry) track record... if they really want to get those extra (preorder) sales...

I haven't seen any quotes, but it's not like any dealer would offer such a huge discount to come remotely close to killing their entire margin (or worse), especially given the price hikes we're seeing w/ the MSRPs... unless you mean they may be risking their relationship w/ JVC, not so much their own margins...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors