What's new

JVC NX9 - Bright enough for 185 inch? (1 Viewer)

Mathias93

Auditioning
Real Name
Mathias Hvid
Hi guys! Thinking of buying the NX9. I am a bit stubborn though, because I want a screen with at least 185 inches in a 2.35:1 ratio. My question is... Is the NX9 bright enough for that task? And in that case. What screen gain should i go with?

murrayThompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Murray Thompson
Hi guys! Thinking of buying the NX9. I am a bit stubborn though, because I want a screen with at least 185 inches in a 2.35:1 ratio. My question is... Is the NX9 bright enough for that task? And in that case. What screen gain should i go with?
I have the NX9 with 150" curved scope Stewart ST130 G3 microperf, there is now a new model ST130 G4, this screen should work for you. I have heaps of light on my size screen, however I use an Isco IIIL anamorphic lens on a cineslide for scope and I have heaps of light. Was able to use low lamp up to 1000hrs and are now on high lamp, but its bright with this screen. This is the only screen that doesnt show terrible artifacts (sparkles) that has gain, all the other brands I tested are shocking with gain..... How close is your front row?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elison5
Recent bookmarks