What's new

JVC I'Art 36-DF74 - Opinions? (1 Viewer)

Greg Black

Second Unit
Have been interested (lusting) after this set for a while now. Would like to know from any owners or anyone that has used the set what their opinions were on it. I'm this close to going to Good Guys tomorrow and plunking down my hard earned cash for it. Any quirks, flaws, etc. I should know about? After extensive research it appears to have the best features of any other direct view HDTV.

Thanks,

Greg

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
well i have the JVC I'art 36" Flat AV36P903 model HDTV and It the only problem i have is it has bad purity problems, aka discoloration in the corners.
I am actually havign a tech come out in the next hour to look at it, hopefully he can fix it without taking it apart (i hope).

besides that, i like it.....

Greg Black

Second Unit
Well, I just came back from The Good Guys and ordered the darn thing. Apparently they only have 44 sets in their entire chain of stores, so it has to come from some warehouse up north. I'll be able to pick it up on Tuesday.

I'll let y'all know how it goes after I get it set up and everything.

-Greg

jasonSH

Auditioning
I just purchased the set you ordered a few days ago. I love it! Got it for $1159 from PC Richard & Son...

Unfortunately I am having a Purity problem on the edges that the built in feature does not resolve. I will attempt to move my speakers further away and hopefully that works...

Other then that, I found this TV to be a better buy then the comperable Sony and Panasonic models...But the purity discoloration on the edges is bothersome but really only visible when the background is white...but from what I understand this is very common on larger TV's...

Good luck with yours

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks