1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

JVC HM-DH30000U DVHS player

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Steve F M, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

Get them while there hot at Ecost.com for $299 shipped. What a deal must be not selling at retail.

One question can you use Component Cables instead of the Fire Wire for HDTV Viewing and recording?

2. Peter Loan

Peter Loan Second Unit

Viewing yes, recording no...recording is firewire only.

3. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

Well that could be 1 reason why they are not selling. There are only a few HDTV Recivers with Firewire.

I'm still getting 1 for $299.

4. David_Wh

David_Wh Stunt Coordinator

looks like they are REFURBS for $299. New still lists for $469

5. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

This should be moved to the coupons/bargins page

6. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

I think for playback alone it's worth it.

7. Daniel Mai

Daniel Mai Stunt Coordinator

Never bought Refurb before. What are the chances or risk factor? I guessed just the idea that something was wrong with it to begin with and it got repaired to be sold again bothers me.

8. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

From what I've seen, the risk factor with refurbs at eCost is VERY high. I bought a refurb Denon DVD changer which was DOA. They sent a second unit a week or so later which was missing a remote and manual--not to mention having an excessive amount of "wear and tear."

eCost's refurbs DO NOT carry a factory warranty and cannot be taken to the local Denon repair center for work. All "warranty" work is done through a third-party company in Syracuse, NY--which, not coincidentally, does all the refurbishing in the first place. (Imagine how careful they are about repairs if they send out refurbs in this condition in the first place!)

Yep, if you have a defective unit, you pay to ship the unit to NY, and then you wait "four to eight weeks" for your unit to come back (or not, since they reserve the right to send another unit--which might have yet another defect!).

Bottom line? Never again! [​IMG]

9. Daniel Mai

Daniel Mai Stunt Coordinator

Thanks, Bill. Now that you've mentioned it I do remember reading some of the negatives about it here and there regarding ecost's selling refurb ordeals. Also, the differences is not much comparing buying a brand new unit from some of the more reputable vendors such as onecall.

10. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

Bill, did you not receive an official refurb Denon warranty with your unit? My DVM-4800 came with a 90 day warranty from Denon, which I actually had to use immediately (although nothing was wrong with the unit-- note to self-- always remove the lock screw). My authorized Denon service center was a Tweeter down the street, but Denon emailed me and said I could ship it to them directly.

The extended warranty from eCost is a different story.

Best regards,
    ~~Nathan