Jvc Hd-61z886

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Eric Witschen, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Eric Witschen

Eric Witschen Auditioning

I am leaning toward the JVC HD-61Z886 61" lcos based from the JVC D-ila line for my next TV. I'm not too happy about the lack of 1080 res but I cant seem to find a sub $2750 TV that fits the bill. Id like anyone with firsthand viewing experience or info about the JVC D-ila lcos line and maybe some native 1080 alternatives in the price range (if there are any). Sorry if this just seems like a continuation of my last thread but after more research I thought it was appropriate as it is in a different direction. Thanks!

edit: after further looking i see the new jvc line will be out soon...any ideas on the affordability of these as of yet?

2. Bret K

Bret K Auditioning

Hey Eric,

I bought the JVC 52" HD-ILA set about a month ago and absolutely love it. My roommate had a great tube HD tv and I thought it was going to be hard to expect similar quality in a projection, but it looks just as good to me. The thing I like best is how bright it is and every one that has stopped by has been really impressed. When I bought mine I got the JVC stand thrown in to the deal as well which matches it nicely. I don't know if that promotion is still going on, but it would be something to check into.

-BK

Also to add Consumer Electronics gave your model a positive review.

3. KenWong

KenWong Stunt Coordinator

Hey Eric,
    Out of the box the JVC, which is also one of my favorite television sets on the market right now as far as microdisplays, needs to be tuned a tiny bit. But after a while, the picture is absolute stunning, however, I do have to say that there is pixelation if you're sitting within 6-7 feet of the television set. If you're at least 10-12 feet away, the picture is perfect, and it does provide one of the brightest pictures on the market. Overall, I think it's a great TV, just lower the brightness when you buy it, cause it's just TOO bright in a completely dark room.

4. John Whittle

John Whittle Stunt Coordinator

Eric

If you haven't bought yet, then check out the new 1080p JVC sets which are due out this week or next. The first two are the 61 and 70 (hd-61FH96) followed by a 56 inch set. They have added an iris to cut brightness on low level scenes, two HDMI inputs and several other imporvements not to mention the 1080p display.

At least compare, there isn't any current pricing and the MSRP is all over the block so you'll have to wait until they hit the street to get a good idea if the extra features are worth the extra money.

John