What's new

JVC DVDA players - FA95 vs SA75 (1 Viewer)

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Is the only significant difference between these two models that the FA92 is a 7 disc changer and the SA75 is a single disc player?

I'm looking for an affordable DVDA player that can also play VCD/SVCD and these two keep popping up in my searches.

Thanks,

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Yes, the 90 series is a 7 disc changer and the 70 series is single disc...both with DVD-A. I own the 70BK and love it.

raze

Agent
Real Name
Ray
Paul,
I have a question for you regarding the JVC 70BK.
Is there a way to turn off the text overlay when using the zoom function?
I went into the setup menu and turned off osd.
But that didn't help.
Do you have any idea?

Thanks,
R

Ron Katcher

Agent
Push the angle button or any other button on the remote that causes the circle-and-slash emblem to appear momentarily. This will remove the zoom overlay from the screen.

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Paul,
Thank you for confirming that for me. I found an SA75GD open box for $145 & took it home last night. It played my VCD & SVCD test discs as well as my DVD's just fine. The two demo DVD-A's (a collection of Yes and a mixed collection) sounded just fine. :)
Thanks,

Lou Grasek

Grip
I received the 70BK yesterday. After a 12 hour overnight burn in it was still playing the demo disc, I cant wait to get a new reciver so that I can hear all the channels. It sounded pretty good over the TV speakers. Tonight I will connect it to ONKYO TX 844 and the Advents.

Lou
Do people still "burn in" electronics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quirkyorc
Recent bookmarks