JVC DVD player rebate: Anyone got theirs?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by JamesGL, Mar 12, 2004.

1. JamesGL

JamesGL Stunt Coordinator

I mailed mine about 5 months ago and still no $20.

I called this number 800-774-1191 many times and been told that it is "on its way" for about 2-3 months now.

I am assuming it is a lie and I will never get this rebate check.

JVC rebated. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I would call them again & ask them what they mean by "It's on it's way?" because 5 months is way too long to be waiting for a rebate check. I would also ask what the name of their company is (It's usually a marketing company that handles that kind of stuff) & complain to JVC about them & also ask if ANY REBATES have been sent out yet. You might also want to check & see if your name is in their computer meaning that they did receive your rebate. Good Luck & I hope you receive it soon [​IMG]

3. JamesGL

Yes, my name and address is in their system but still no check.
    I know it is just $20 but at the time, it was the rebate offer that swayed me to pick up this DVD player. Thanks. I will call again.

4. JamesGL

I called them again and finally spoke to a live person.

They said the check was "lost" and never cashed.

Now I have to wait six months and call them again so I can get another check until the 'lost' check gets void. They said putting a stop payment costs more than $20.

JVC rebates[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I would tell them that's your problem your resposibility is to get me a check in the time alloted on the rebate check & I'm not interested in your problems. I would also let them know that your going to call JVC directly & see what they can do for you. I'm sure JVC doesn't want any Marketing Company losing customers for them because they can do that all by themselves [​IMG] I would also tell JVC of your post here & how badly you feel being treated like that from some marketing company & that JVC should take a look into that outfit themselves because they could be doing JVC a lot of harm with customers. Just look at how mad you are over $20.00 now multiply that by thousands & it could be costly to JVC.

6. JamesGL

I called JVC directly at 1-800-252-5722 and again, the told me to deal with it with the rebate company.

Their number is 800-774-1191 for those who got duped in the $20 rebate.

Again, the number is 800-774-1191, they only have a handful of people working there, so if you get a machine, hang up, redial, and do it over and over.

JVC rebate. [​IMG] [​IMG]