JVC DVD owners i need your help...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Coleman, Oct 11, 2002.

1. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

I just recently purchased the 600bk series model and have been toying around with it since i received it on Tuesday. I really like the features (dvd-a, jpeg viewer, mpeg player) along with liking the picture (though some dissolves see a little too "digital").

However i rented 2 disc that froze up on it. Beauty and the Beast and Jackie Brown. Ironically these 2 titles are from Buena Vista which has the "alternate angle" for French language menu so when you play back in French it displays a different title card than the English. Ironically on these 2 discs it was right around the time of the title sequences that it started freezing up! I remember this problem being on my first generation Toshiba 2006 player but fixed on subsequent models.

What i need to know is are other JVC owners having problems with discs from certain studios or discs that freeze up during playback? I have 30 days to return and wondering if i have a "bad" player or is this indicative of all or most DVD players from JVC. I'd hate to let this player go but the most important thing is quality. I appreciate your responses?

David

P.S. Does anyone know how to check for firmware version on this player?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

David, what was the condition of the discs themselves? Dirty, scratched? Did you have another player on hand to see if they would play successfully in it?

3. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

Thought they were rentals, the disc themselves were in good condition and had player the JACKIE BROWN on my Toshiba earlier without a problem.