JVC DVD-Audio 70/75 availability?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KevinO, Aug 27, 2001.

1. KevinO

KevinO Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking to buy either the JVD 70 or 75 DVD-audio player. Crutchfield is carrying them, but I'd rather wait and buy locally so I could return it easier. CC tells me they won't be carrying these players, and BB and Sears don't have them as of yet. Has anyone bought/seen one of these at one of the larger chains? Thanks.

2. MaxY

MaxY Guest

Kevin,
    If you go online I would suggest checking Ecost.com.
    If you want to buy from a local store, I don't know why but they all seem to carry the 65 and the 95 but not the 75.
    The deal from Best Buy seems pretty good on the 95 if you don't mind it being a 7 disc changer. It looks rather cool but seems a little noisy when changing discs. BTW the 95 is like the 75 just in a changer.
    Besides the stores only seem to carry gold while the online stores have black as well.
    Max
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
    Equipment Lists for My HTs
    Petition To Bring Motel Hell To DVD Check In Here
    Time to resume Buying Warner Product!!

3. MaxY

MaxY Guest

Kevin,
    I just did some looking around on the net.
    Ecost has the 75 in black or gold for $250 and Crutchfield is quite a bit higher.
    I have gotten several things from ecost without there ever being a problem or delay.
    As for the 95 ecost did not have them. Crutchfield was getting more for them then best buy, but they did have the black one.
    Max
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
    Equipment Lists for My HTs
    Petition To Bring Motel Hell To DVD Check In Here
    Time to resume Buying Warner Product!!