JVC DVD (and dvd audio) Player at Costco $199

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John A. Casler, Jan 24, 2002.

1. John A. Casler

John A. Casler Second Unit

I thought I would also post this here for more people to see. (It is in the bargain forum too)
    Why has no one mentioned that Costco is selling the JVC XV-D723GD $899 list DVD and DVD audio player for $199.
    This is a killer deal. The picture on this unit is great although there is NO BASS managment for dvd audio.
    It has Built-in Dolby Digital Decoder, Built-in DTS Decoder, and Switchable for progressive or interlace output
    http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?productId=PRD2000000

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

I thought this unit was selling for about $230 at some internet sites so that $899 SRP is a bit out of line.

And the S65BL unit is selling at BestBuy for $180, but the SRP is $350 - the web page is over-priced.

3. ReggieW

ReggieW Screenwriter

Bob,
    The list price of this unit when it debuted in the summer of 2000 was $899.00. It was discontinued several months ago and replaced with JVC's present line of DVD-A/progressive players. This was one of the first DVD-A/progressive players priced within the consumer market when it debuted, so it looked somewhat like a bargain back then. I speak as the owner of one of these units (I spent $350.00 for mine several months ago).
    Reg[​IMG]

4. Marc Rochkind

Marc Rochkind Second Unit

I have one, too, and it's great, although I haven't compared it to anything other than the non-progressive DVD player it replaced. It got a good review in a DVD-player shootout in a magazine. The article is still online. Check Stereophole Guide, Secrets, or Home Theater. I think it was one of those three.

I haven't tried it with DVD Audio.