JVC Direct View TVs dark in corners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianGC, Sep 5, 2002.

1. BrianGC

BrianGC Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    Has anyone else noticed JVC direct view sets look dark in the corners? Or, I guess you could also say they have a bright spot in the center. It seems like you can see it best when you switch to an input that has no signal and the screen turns blue. Anyone know what the cause of that is? I noticed it in more than one model on display.
    I saw one of the new flat screen models at Circuit City, but the thing that stood out on that one was the picture looked crooked, like you would have to jack up the left side of the set about 3/4" to level it out.

Just wondering,
    BrianGC

2. TimG

TimG Second Unit

I don't know. I have looked at the new 32" at both BB and CC and never noticed this. I am on the edge of buying this or the Samsung hi-def 32". Did you see if the contrast and brightness were cranked? Also many of the flat screens have a tilt feature that moves the image, someone might have messed with that also.

TimG

3. BorisM

BorisM Stunt Coordinator

I believe that it may be magentic interference that is causing the darkening in the corners. I am sure that this is not common across all JVC's.