JVC AV36D201 Service menu.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jason_A, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Jason_A

Jason_A Stunt Coordinator

How do I access the service menu on this tv? Is there any guides explaining some of the settings like the Sony guide on the net.

I have messed with my Sony TV so I know what I am doing for those that know but are stand offish that I will screw something up. Hehehe

2. Jason_A

Jason_A Stunt Coordinator

The TV is a 36" standard. It has component and composite connections and was built in 2000.

Well I got into the service menu. It is quite nice really compared to the Sony service menus. If anything messes up with the settings you choose it is your own fault. So I suggest you write the original settings in a notebook as a standard reference if something acts weird.

To get into the service menu.

Press timer. Then while the timer screen is up press display and video status and bang your in.

It actually splits the video, audio, and other sections into categories. There is an RF section where the settings are only allowed for incoming cable or air channels. If your in another video connection everything will be locked out. In other words you cannot change anything. I do not know what the options do but one is RF on/off, which did not do anything when I set it either way. Also there is a setting called Fine. I did not mess with that.

Found a interesting audio tweak called IN GAIN which increases the audio coming in to the TV. I found something called Color TRCK which cleans up the reds on the TV. Also the Vsize, Hpos options are there but no Vpos, which I thought was strange.

Can't really do much as most of the settings are locked but other than that I have no clue what does what.