What's new

JVC AV-27F734 Service Menu (1 Viewer)

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
I was just curious if anyone knew of how to get into the service menu on this TV...I just picked it up and the left side of the screen looks compressed (Vertically) ever so slightly so that scrolling messages at the bottom look to be travelling up hill slightly...

I was curious if anyone has gotten this set and gotten into the service menu.

Thanks!

-Dan

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
Okay thanks, I posted over there and was trying to do searches...but that site always takes forever for me to get through (like it doesn't respond quickly) so I get frustrated. hee hee.

Thanks!

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
First my disclaimer:

The service menu is not intended for users. Changing settings in the service can greatly affect the output of the TV. Since every TV (including the same model) is custom calibrated in the factory, there is no default to go back to. Make sure to record all the settings before you start. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Set the SLEEP TIMER to 0. While that is displayed on the screen, press VIDEO STATUS and DISPLAY at the same time. If your remote has a toggle switch for DVD/VCR, I think it needs to be on VCR.

Based on your description, I don't think you will be able to fix that. My friend had a similar problem and I was not able to find a setting that corrected that problem.

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Brian!!!

I'll take a look, it I can't fix it, I'll have to take it back and try to get another one...which hopefully a BestBuy will have one around me...sort of hate returning a TV I just got, but oh well... It's what I thought I was going to have to do...but just wanted to see if there was any way around it.

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
Just a thought I had...

I have my yamaha Rx-v1400 right below the TV (only about 3 - 4 inches below it on the shelf below. I'm wondering if it is the power supply on the Amp that is causing it?! Would this be a possibility? I'm thinking it definitely could be. I'll have to check that first thing when I get home...pull it all out. The only other thing I can think of is I have it plugged into the Monster Power 2500 MKII...maybe that in someway is doing it?!

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
Okay I got into the service menu, but is there anything to change the rotation...I think the Receiver was causing part of it and now it just looks like the rotation is one or two marks off, but I'm not sure which function correlates to the rotation...

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
If you do figure it out please let us know what you changed & used in the service menu. Thanks

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
Went through the service menu, I could find everything but rotation it seemed. I ended up taking the TV back and will now either get another one (because the one in the store looked fine) or find another 27" to find in its place...

I now wonder what the best 27" TV is...?!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks