1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

JVC 7 disc changer - LAYER CHANGE PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by STLMIKE, Jul 21, 2003.

1. STLMIKE

STLMIKE Stunt Coordinator

I don't remember the model number, but I've got a JVC 7 disc, progressive scan changer with variable zoom/scaling, etc.

On some discs (especially older titles), it has a hard time w/the layer change. Sometimes I have to go to a later chapter and rewind to just after the layer change.

Is this a common problem w/DVD players now (my old Panny A110 never did this)? If it's a glitch, it's annoying but I can live w/it -- however if there's something wrong w/the unit, then I have to try and get it fixed.

Thanks, Mike

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

I've got what's probably the same JVC from your description. Never had a layer change problem like you describe, at most a 1 second pause but usually almost imperceptible even on older releases.

3. WesleyHester

WesleyHester Stunt Coordinator

John Hester
    I have the silver 902 and it doesn't have layer change issues.

4. StephenC

StephenC Stunt Coordinator

Mike,
    I've had the same JVC for about 6 months and I haven't experienced that problem.

5. Walt Williams

I've had an XV-F85GD since October 2001 and have never had a problem with layer changes. It's been a very reliable unit and the layer changes happen in a fraction of a second.

6. STLMIKE

STLMIKE Stunt Coordinator

Mine is out of warranty (at least for labor) -- the one time I didnt buy the Best Buy warranty.

Anyway, the problem is erratic, so I'm just going to live w/it. I ordered a clearanced Panny RP91 to use for movies, and keep the JVC to load a whole season of Star Trek at once :)

Thanks,
    Mike