Jvc 32f703

Discussion in 'Displays' started by RaymondSH, Dec 30, 2003.

1. RaymondSH

RaymondSH Auditioning

I just wanted to start out by saying that everyone in this forum has been a godsend to me when it comes to home theater. I thought I knew everything -- until I found this forum!!

Now that I'm done kissing up so I get a response, I was hoping someone could help me with my new TV purchase. I just recently picked this TV up from Best Buy and would like to know how to access the service menu. I don't see anything in the owners manual regarding this.....

Also, if anyone has any thoughts on my purchase, I would love to hear them -- positive or not.

Thanks Again!!!
    Ray

2. JamesClif

JamesClif Extra

Great TV!!

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I might be mistaken but I think I remember seeing a post over at www.hometheaterspot.com under JVC products on how to get into the Service Menu on your JVC.

4. RaymondSH

RaymondSH Auditioning

Thanks for the quick response to both of you. I do appreciate it.

After a little searching, I found how to enter the service menu. However, what do I do with it now? None of the options at first glance made much sense......

Chalk it up to a newbie asking stupid questions.......

Thanks for your help!

Ray

5. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I don't know much about Service Menu Settings except MAKE SURE YOU WRITE ALL THE FACTORY SETTINGS DOWN BEFORE YOU CHANGE ANYTHING just incase you mess something up. Also over at the "Spot" I also thought I saw some suggestions on JVC settings? but I could be wrong. How do you like your JVC
    and how is the Sound Quality on the set itself?

6. John S

John S Producer

Your brave, I am going to wait for a 200 hour burn in, then have it professionaly done. (I hope I get to watch it at least though and learn)

I know those menus are crazy for the 1st timer with it, the posts I have read, made me re-think doing it myself. And I have a degree in electronics.

7. RaymondSH

RaymondSH Auditioning

I love it Bill -- $499 open box at Best buy. With a little Christmas money and a $50 gift card, it's only $349 out of pocket to me -- a deal I couldn't pass up on my limited budget.

The sound however leaves a little to be desired. It seems a little "hollow", however I've only tweaked it a little, so hopefully some more "in-depth" tweaking will help.

I am going to check the spot again.....thanks for the advice.

On another note, this TV was a suprise purchase because a Phillips that I had in climate controlled storage for over a year blew up after less than an hour of use. And it took $20 to find out from Phillips they don't care and wouldn't help me one bit. I would advise everyone on the forum to stay away from any Phillips products, especially TV's. Only 90 day warranty and if you are out of warranty, you can't even talk to anyone in their customer service without giving them a credit card. Just my $.02

8. Nick_flylethalx

Nick_flylethalx Auditioning

I just recieved the same tv, I have a question how did you get into the service menu> I have tried and for some reason cannot get in.

9. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

-Hold down the sleep timer button.
    -When the time appears, press both the Display and Video Status buttons

If you alter the v position settings you can watch your DVDs in anamorphic.

MAKE SURE YOU WRITE DOWN ALL THE SETTINGS BEFORE YOU CHANGE THEM.