What's new

Justified - Season 5 (FX) (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Definitely not one of the stronger seasons overall, but far better than season 1. I almost bailed on the show in the middle of season 1. This show didn't find it's identity until the last 2-3 episodes of season 1.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Good wrap up. Even better set up for the inevitable final season clash.

We've had some great, colorful villains each season - but, now it's all about Boyd/Duffy vs Raylan (and Ava). I can't wait.

I enjoyed that Wendy was the one who finally got the drop on Darryl. Prick. I could hear her saying, "I'm afraid my brother won't be very pleased with you."...she'll always be Alia to me!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Scott Hanson said:
Definitely not one of the stronger seasons overall, but far better than season 1. I almost bailed on the show in the middle of season 1. This show didn't find it's identity until the last 2-3 episodes of season 1.
The first season was definitely the sloppiest, but I loved damn near every episode in it (starting with one of the best damn pilots ever).

This season was far more cohesive than the first season, but it just never quite took off. Season one, everything's fresh and new and exciting, because there's no other show on television. Season two, you have Loretta as emotional through line. Something horrible has happened to this girl, and Raylan wants to save her even as Mags Bennett draws her into her web. Season three, you go down the rabbit hole with Robert Quarles as his world spirals out of control, and it's this strange bizzarre almost delirious journey. Season four, you have the mystery of Drew Thompson -- a mystery that ties deeply into the Givens family's past -- driving the plot. Season five, you have the Crowes. And as terrific a character as Dewey Crowe is, the reason of them just weren't interesting enough to drive a season. It just never quite reached that place where the audience says "holy shit I can't wait to find out what happens next." There were definitely a lot of good moments scattered throughout the season, but it's almost like the whole was less than the sum of its parts.

I can't wait for next season, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks