http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/justified/

Looks interesting. Reminds me of the very popular
DEADWOOD series. Think I'll watch this and see where
it goes.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Doesn't look like my cup of tea (doesn't remind me of Deadwood at all other than Olyphant), but I will definitely be checking it out due to the cast and the network.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I have it set up on my DVR, FX has a good track record for series, plus I think this role fits Olyphant, even if its still in his Deadwood mold, I was tiring of seeing him shoehorned into Romantic comedies, I'm more interested how they use the guy who played Cletus in the shield, he seems to be the bad guy but not sure... speaking of the Shield when is someone gonna give Chiklas a Job... like to see him back on TV.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa

I have it set up on my DVR, FX has a good track record for series, plus I think this role fits Olyphant, even if its still in his Deadwood mold, I was tiring of seeing him shoehorned into Romantic comedies, I'm more interested how they use the guy who played Cletus in the shield, he seems to be the bad guy but not sure... speaking of the Shield when is someone gonna give Chiklas a Job... like to see him back on TV.
Who is Cletus? Do you mean Shane?

Chiklis is lined up to play the dad in a sitcom where the family members have super powers (or something to that effect). Yep, I just threw up in mouth a little as well.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
That was a SUPERIOR pilot. Very, very well done. The show seems well cast and the writing was top notch. Of course, a lot of that dialogue is straight out of Leonard. It will be interesting to see if the writers come up with original material that can match the cleverness and intensity of Leonard in the future episodes.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I had no idea Elmore Leonard was involved in this. My interest just went WAY up.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Yep. The pilot pretty much covers the entire ground of the short story "Fire in the hole". Now it remains to be seen what Yost and company do with the characters.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah good start, you have to suspend a bit of Belief at the end as that shot should of Killed Shane.I Mean Boyd. Still it was a decent start, Great Redneck Backdrop, And Olyphant fits like a glove.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I Saw Leonard Was involved I'm going to search out the Short Novel Now. Plus Graham Yost had a Big Hand in this, Yost was Also involved in the Current Mini-series "The Pacific" , the Terrific Jeff Goldblum Series "Raines",and the Even Better Series "Boomtown.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Not overly impressed with the pilot. I'll give it another week or two.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I really liked the first episode. Definitely a show I'm going to keep in my DVR rotation for the season.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I liked the second episode a lot better than the first. It focused on telling the story (a typically entertaining Elmore Leonard "Pardoner's Tale" variation), and not trying to set too many things up.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I just see this show getting getter with each episode. I hope they can keep it going. I would hate to really get into and then have them pull it. I am sure it is pretty expensive to put together.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I actually preferred the pilot to the second episode. Enjoyed both though. So I guess Goggins won't be a regular? That's a bit disappointing, especially since it seemed they were promoting the show as if he was. I was actually hoping the series would just center around Raylon and Boyd trying to one-up eachother.

While I really like what I've seen so far, I probably won't be able to remain interested if it will be an "open and shut" case every week. I need my serialized season-long story arcs.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ScottH

I actually preferred the pilot to the second episode. Enjoyed both though. So I guess Goggins won't be a regular? That's a bit disappointing, especially since it seemed they were promoting the show as if he was. I was actually hoping the series would just center around Raylon and Boyd trying to one-up eachother.
Same here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks