What's new

Justice Leauge Unlimited: Time, Warped (1 Viewer)

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
Spoilers Ahead:

Usually, I can keep my cool about episodes of this nature, but watching this episode got me all giddy and jumpy!!!

The introduction of Batman meeting Batman:B and Bruce Wayne. Older Static, the future son of Green Lantern and Hawk Girl. The Shifting of the Green Lanterns, All of it awesome.

I dont know I feel about the Jokers using Lightsabers, but Damn!! they were powerful

I hope all future episodes are going to be like this.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

IIRC, next Saturday afternoon.

This episode was really good for JLU, although I don't think it did as well as its setup episode. Was anyone else thrown off at Ghoul's accent? I seem to remember him in the BB: ROTJ movie having a British accent, not the New Yawk accent he's sporting in this episode. Glad that they got Melissa Joan Hart back to voice Dee Dee, though. And also, didn't The Joker kill Bonk?

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
Keep in mind that the future events of the episode seem to occur at least five if not years after the events of the other future scenes and shows in the DCAU.

Also, remember how severely history was being changes by Chronos. The future we saw was not exactly the one from BATMAN BEYOND/THE ZETA PROJECT and the STATIC SHOCK episode "Future Shock".

I believe that history occurred fine until Chronos started screwing around with the timeline, when Bruce, Diana and John went on their adventure. Because of the messing things up, elder Bruce never had that adventure and thus didn't remember it. So when history was restored
, the future that we have seen in the other shows came to be, and thus Terry wasn't killed, the JLU wasn't destroyed, et al.

At least, that's one way to look at it.

Of course, due to these events, we have to rewatch the "Rebirth"/pilot episode of BB again and probably see those events in a new light.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Can someone tell me what "Static Shock" is and how it related to these other series? When did it premiere? Does it have the same creative team?

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
This two-part episode was top notch! I enjoyed every bit of the story line, in spite of the questionable ending. I hope this show continues to produce at this level.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Fantastic Episode!!!

Some Notes:

- The writers found a way to integrate Hal Jordan into the whole JLU storyline. His character's been a highly requested addition to the show, and it's good to see that the writers found a way to involve him somehow without screwing with continuity or the DC Universe of hero's.

- Ditto the above point for Batman Beyond! A chance for both versions of Batman to meet each other in their primes was a real treat!

- "Oh, phooey!"

- Where the hell is Flash?!? This is now the umpteenth episode of Justice League without featuring the character. Every other character (including Hawkgirl) has had an opportunity to be showcased in one of these episodes, but outside of a brief non-spoken cameo a few months ago the character hasn't been given ANY screentime!

:emoji_thumbsup:

Good show all around!

Moe.

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
About Static Shock

For the first couple of seasons, Static did his thing on his own.
By the beginning of the third season after Gear joined up, more and more DC heroes made a guest appearances.
The Justice Leauge (Batman, Flash, GL, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter) brought Static and Gear to JL HQ to fix the power supply where they were attacked by Brianiac.

-Superman came to Dakota where he and Static fought off Toyman and Darci.

-Static fought w/ Batman and Robin against the Joker. And there was another episode where Static went to Gotham to battle Poison Ivy and Halequien

-Finally, Static got sent the future Gotham where he met up with Batman:B and old Bruce Wayne, to try and save his future self

While it was very cool to see Static in this episode, it wasnt too surprising

Since the Flash has yet to utter a word this season (he couldn't shut up in season's past), I assumed Michael Rosenbaum wasn't available. However, I noticed Michael Rosenbaum was credited for the Ghoul's voice in the last JLU episode. I was also surpised to see the Dee Dee's played by Melissa Joan Hart. Both MR and MJH reprised their characters from the Batman Beyond ROTJ movie.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Could be that Flash would be a spoiler for this episode. Fastest man alive would have had no problem snatching the belt or other such things. Or maybe it is just they haven't found a good story for him? Is he Wally West Flash or Barry Allen Flash? If Barry, he isn't at all like the comic version. If Wally, not having Barry's shadow to get out from under makes the character less interesting. I must say my least favorite character from the original run of JL (namely John Stewart) is now one of my faves in the new lineup. They improved his stuff a lot. Same with Hawkgirl. Some great arcs there.

This whole season of JLU has been outstanding, even matching some of the best episodes of the original run of Batman: Animated series. Great job!

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Phil, this Flash is indeed Wally West...as stated in last season's three-part Star Crossed episode (which is available on DVD).

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor

Yeah... and what a great way the writers came up with the do the whole "reveal" thing.

(from memory)
Flash: What about our secret identities? If we change clothes, then we'll all know each other's secrets.
Batman: Wally West. Bruce Wayne. Clark Kent.

:D

Moe.

James T

Screenwriter
Can anyone help me with this episode? I missed it, don't know when the repeat is on and would really like to see it.

You can PM/e-mail me if you can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks