What's new

Justice League Unlimited (1 Viewer)

AlexanderS

Second Unit
I noticed something this episode that I completely missed last time. During the opening credits they show little snippets of the episode. WTF is that? I knew almost the whole plot before I even watched the damn thing. I rewatched last week's episode and it did the same thing. Anyone else notice this?

DanielBH

Agent
^ Yes - I noticed it this week too. It was actually pretty annoying once I realized what was going on. Why would anyone sign off on the idea of showcasing a 30 second summary of the episode just before the episode is shown? I don't believe I've ever seen it done.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
"You didn't get him a gift certificate, did you?"

"No--cash." :laugh:

I see they found an excuse to bring back Wonder Woman's invisible plane. :rolleyes

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
So since they have so many in their Justice League, why dont they ever call for back up? Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman needed help.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Yeah, I kinda groaned at that. I mean, why not use one of Batman's vehicles? His can hold two people as well...

Overall, a pretty good episode.

Jason

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
I'm watching "For the Man Who Has Everything" for the second time as I type this. Terrific episode, though I kept looking for parts of the comic that weren't adapted (like Robin's appearance and Mongul's dream).

Daniel BH wrote in Post #22:
Well, the Fortress of Solitude is supposed to be in a secret location. What better way to get to a secret location than in the ultimate stealth plane? (Okay, I know I'm reaching here :))

De

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
And just what was Mongul's dream supposed to be? All we heard were sounds of destruction and people screaming. Was it supposed to be him destroying a world?

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
Mongul's dream was:
the destruction of the League and his eventual installation on a throne of some sort, ruling a planet.

It's been a while since I've read Superman Annual #11.

De

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in as one of those who do not like the new intro or the guitar sounds in action sequences. I'm excited to see some of the new characters but I hope they stay with the core group. I also agree that they should take more backup so that they do not get wasted every time they go out. Anyway, liked the first episode, loved the second. Hope they kick out a good season.

Manny

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I'm actually going to avoid the opening credits from now on. It's not the crappy new score as much as the fact that they give away the entire episode before it even begins! What's the point of showing snippets of the show that ruin the cliffhangers and spoil the suspense?

Other than that, I *loved* the last episode. It really strayed from the new format though, considering the only new "character" they had was WW's invisible plane. :)

I adored the scene with Bruce & his dream though, as he watches his father pummel the gunman, until...

I also wonder that myself from both episodes so far. Mainly, because of the addition of the transporters in this series.

In the first episode, they made the excuse that the transporters had trouble locking in because of the radiation. However, once GL was out of commision and they returned him to the Javelin, I have no idea why they wouldn't call for backup.

This past week's episode suffered from the same logic.

Personally, I wish they hadn't added the transporters and the constant vigilance (I hope Martian Manhunter gets some action this year). The previous series, for the most part, did a wonderful job of keeping things plausible (from a comic book standpoint).

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
So what did you guys think of "Kids' Stuff"?

I normally hate it when there's some contrived reason to turn main characters into kids, but this episode was a keeper. The Leaguers as kids were cute and who didn't love the baby Etrigan?

The cameos by Blockbuster, Cheetah, Copperhead, and KGBeast were all pretty neat too.

I'm looking forward to "Hawk and Dove" next week!

De

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I was kinda surprised to see Cheetah. Last we saw of her she was being dragged away by Grundy after being exposed as a traitor by kissing Batman.

I liked how they all refered to each other by proper first names at one point, and the "girlfriend" thing between Bruce and Diana.

The diaper joke: "Now this looks like a job for Superman!" :laugh:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Can anyone tell me when/if Justice League Unlimited is re-run this week? I missed Saturday's episode and would like to catch it before next Saturday.

Also, if there a place that posts the show's schedule (with episode descriptions)? The sked on CartoonNetwork.com isn't very good.

Thanks!

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
The next episodes airing according to www.epguides.com/justiceleague, are:

"DOUBLE DATE" (May 14, 2005)
"HUNTER'S MOON" (May 21, 2005)
"THE BALANCE" (May 28, 2005)
"THE CLASH" (June 4, 2005)

After that, according to TVTome (thought as of yet unscheduled, and with spoilers for the rest of the season) are:

"TASK FORCE X"
"QUESTION AUTHORITY"
"FLASHPOINT"
"PANIC IN THE SKY"
"DIVIDED WE FALL"
"EPILOGUE"

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
I've really gotten into the JLU this year. The episodes are fantastically written and have that 'comic book' feel to them, especially the last few episodes that aired in Canada. Great cliff hanger on "Panic in the Sky." Awesome stuff.

Anyway, so is this the last season of any Justice League-related stories? Are any future episodes planned, or spin-off series being worked on by the creators?

mike.

Just saw tonights episode "The Clash", Great action(man talk about a beatdown) and it's always cool to see Superman and Captian Marvel( Shazam) lock horns.

I also really loved the admonishment that the league, especially superman gets at the end. It's bringing the whole JL vs. Cadmus closer to it's final super human war.

I really think that JLU has hit it's stride and it would be a damn shame if it doesn't get another year.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The board ate a post on this from me last week. This show is 100% fantastic. The best DCU show since BTAS...easily. Smartly written, extremely well-choreogrpahed action, and a season long arc. Just a brilliant cartoon.

Absolutely brilliant,
Chuck

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Does anyone know the summer schedule for the show? I know next week (6/18) is a new episode, but beyond that, I don't know. It seems like several of the episodes planned for May were pushed back (Double Date, etc.).

How soon til Warner puts these out in season sets?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks