What's new

Justice League Unlimited Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
Andres, that was the end of last season. Superman was waxing philosophic about the Justice League's inability to serve the public as well as maintain its trust. But then Green Arrow stepped in and said that the world needs the JL and disbanding wasn't the answer.

And that wasn't the final episode either. There was a superb finale involving a future scenario that revolved around Batman and tied Batman Beyond in quite nicely. Top notch, actually.

This new season has seen four new episodes. One of the titles hints (spoils) as to what the latest story arc deals with: "We Are Legion"
I must say that I, along with many other fans here, am waiting with bated breath for the continuation of the saga. The episodes were excellent, IMHO.

Does anyone know when the season sets are coming to DVD? I've looked on a few sites and found conflicting reports. Anyone know the correct timetable?

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Ah yes, Jim, now I remember that episode involving the various timelines. Strange how they chose that stand-alone episode to be the season finale.

Damn, so there have been 4 new episodes this season?? I missed them. Any idea when or if Cartoon Network will re-run them?

Not for nothing but CN has done a very poor job of advertising this show and that's a shame because this is one of the best animated shows done in a long time. You just never know when there's going to be a new episode or an old episode or NO episode for that matter.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok i went back to the beginning of this topic and found.

Here is the schedule for the next few weeks. The season premiere is Sept. 17 at 10 pm.

* Saturday, Sept. 17: "Brave and the Bold, Pts. 1 and 2" at 2 a.m.; "We Are Legion" at 10 p.m.; "Shadow of the Hawk" at 10:30 p.m.

* Saturday, Sept. 24: "Fury, Pts. 1 and 2" at 2 a.m.; "Heart of Stone" at 10 p.m. and "Elegy" at 10:30 p.m.

* Saturday, Oct. 1: "Legends, Pts. 1 and 2" at 2 a.m.

now that i see that, i remember seeing the ep with the black manta.
i guess it didnt register that it was the next season.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
We are on S5. S3 and S4 are both tied together as a mega-season of sorts. I have seen the 4 episodes from the phantom S5 and they were promising.

March 21 is when both JL S1 (JL S1 and S2 were before the Unlimited moniker...they focus on the big 7) and Batman Beyond S1 come out. Good day.

No idea when the remainder of S5 will see airtime.

And yes, the "Coda" episode of S4 was kind of a goodbye for JL and Batman Beyond (and Batman:TAS while we are at it). Great episode.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit

Just to be clearer, the four new episodes were:

"We Are Legion"
"Shadow of the Hawk"
"Heart of Stone" which was actually called "Chaos at the Earth's Core"
"Elegy" which was previously called "To Another Shore"

...just in case you want to plug the titles into your TiVo search...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i saw some of we are legion and it was good.
wonder why they changed the manta character around alittle.
name rights?

the chaos ep was interesting and it was about j'onn j'onzz

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

DC/WB has instituted a 'character embargo' over characters associated with the Batman & Aquaman franchises due to the renewed interest in movies (Batman Begins) & television (Aquaman TV series). That's explains why none of the Bat Rogues Gallery have appeared in the Legion, why Alfred has disappeared and why Black Manta had to undergo a name change.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
what is the thinking behind that?

it doesnt make sense to me.
i'm guessing but does dc/wb think people will be confused as to why a character is showing up in a movie and a tv show at the same time.

for me it is great to see more exposure for my favorite characters.
what about cross promotion.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I would appear the new regime is more concerned with diluting their property than successfully promoting it. *sigh* This is why I wished DC Comics was an independent company again and why Marvel will continue to kick their teeth in in the future.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
my program guide list something caled IGPX in that time slot.
i guess it hasnt been updated yet.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Sam is officially correct. CN's little JLU site lists new JLU episodes at 10:30 PM (EST) TONIGHT, next week, and the week after.

Just a heads up. Tonight is a Flash episode :)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

And a darned good one too. Nice to see Mark Hamill back as the Trickster. The writing on the show is so sharp and so subtle that I can't believe there's talk of this being the last season.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to say Sam...This is the last season. The production staff has supposedly moved on to other projects. This was from the Toon Zone Forum. :angry:

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
With only 8 episodes left for us :frowning:

It was a great episode. The Whedonverse continues to invade JLU as voices (Alexis Denisof was Mirror Master). Nice to see an episode feature the Flash. I agree with todd and Sam...losing this show is going to hurt. It's really a fantastic show with fantastic writing and characterization. It's the strongest of the DCU animated shows, and that's saying a lot. I'll miss it.

To add insult to injury, all of my Tivo'd episodes from last season were gone. I have "save until I delete" on Scrubs, not JLU :frowning: Regretting that now. Thank God they are pumping out the animated series this year (and hopefully next).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i thought i was watching the tick during the opening.

"don't ever let them call you a crazed loner."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks