What's new

Justice League now in full Widescreen.. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Good news for Justice League on DVD fans...

Season 2 will be fully animated in widescreen, instead of the open matte version they where using before. No more Matted widescreen cutting off the top and bottom of the screen. Now it's the Full Screen Version that will be missing footage :)....

If this dosn't confuse the Joe Six Packs, nothing will :)..

www.toonzone.net has the story.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I would agree for the episodes that will be animated in 16x9. But for the 4x3 ones, I've found that the matted composition to be inferior.
I agree on both counts. Despite claims to the contrary by the producers, it looks to me like the animators have rendered the first season in "fake widescreen"...the episodes seem better composed in 4:3.

But I'd like to see the new episodes broadcast in 16:9 letterbox only.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Hopefully, season 2 episodes on DVD will be in anamorphic widescreen. :)

YTV broadcasts it in open-matte only up here. :frowning: If season 2 will only be broadcasteed in widescreen in the states, maybe we'll get it in widescreen only up here, too. :)

Rob T

Screenwriter
I suspect his main concern is that when the 'new style' eps start showing up there, they might only show the 4:3 pan-and-scan version.
That is correct.
I sent a letter to the network about it earlier on. Hopefully, they'll at least give us a choice. :)

Rob T

Screenwriter
Another thing about the YTV broadcast is that the colours always look so faded. Is it the same on Cartoon Network?
The colours on the DVD look way better so it certainly wasn't meant to have faded colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks