Justice League 3-Part Season Finale - STARCROSSED...will this be in widescreen?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Robert Floto, May 25, 2004.

1. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

I see that this Saturday on the Cartoon Network they are finally showing the three-part Justice League Season 2 finale, Starcrossed.

In my area this is on in the afternoon. Does anyone know if it will be the widescreen presentation, or will it be cropped like they often do on some of their broadcasts of this program? I know this is being released on DVD soon as well. I haven't heard if the DVD will be presented in 16x9 or not.

I guess I just need to know WHERE I can see it in widescreen?

2. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    Don't know about presentation format, but I will comment that I have been looking forward to new JL, as well as the new JL Unlimited to debut this fall, with a bunch more superheroes. I just hope they keep Wonder Woman in prominently.

3. Michael Menduina

Well, they broadcast the finale in Canada a week or two ago in 'Full-Screen'.

First off, like many reviewers have said, these 3 episodes are EXCELLENT!! By far some of the best, if not the best, the series has seen. You're in for a treat! I'm looking forward to the DVD. I only hope it's available in 16x9 (I already heard that 'full-screen' and Widescreen versions will be made)

4. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

yeah they were pretty damn good.

5. Robert Floto

Well, I have my DVR set for Saturday. If it turns out to not be the widescreen presentation I'll just delete it and do a search for any other broadcasts just in case they do show it correctly. Otherwise, I'll just wait for the DVD.

Thanks!

6. Robert Floto

Well, I recorded...and watched...Justice League: Starcrossed on Saturday afternoon. I was so happy to see that it was presented in widescreen after all.

I thought the episode was great! I love how character-driven this animated series is. It was nice to see everyone out of their costumes and masks. I felt this episode was quite epic and I look forward to Justice League Unlimited in August.

7. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

Wow...that was AWESOME! Great story. Great characters. Nice conflict between Hawk Girl and GL. The Justice League having to run underground as civilians...Batman being the brains behind the operation (as it should be)...what a season finale that was.

Next season with "Unlimited", we'll get to see a lot more superheroes. That's very cool. But at the same time, I'm going to miss stories that concentrate just on THE 7.

Bring it on. Can't wait.

8. Peter McM

Peter
    My heart really went out to GL--but I knew things would never be quite right between him and Hawkgirl again.

How do you think the voting went? I think Flash and Martian Manhunter definitely voted to keep her, but the rest are tough to speculate on. Unfortunately, with her sudden resignation we may never know, until she reappears, which I think she will eventually.

What about Clark and Diana kissing in that Asian diner?

"We're looking for a dark-haired man and woman!"
    "Could you be more specific?"

[​IMG]

9. Robert Floto

You mean Bruce and Diana.

10. Peter McM

Peter
    Thanks, Robert--you're right; without their costumes, I got a bit[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Jim DiJoseph

Jim DiJoseph Second Unit

Great show! (As always!)

Flash (concerned about taking off his mask): "But what about our secret identities?"
    Batman (pointing at each hero respectively): "Wally West, Clark Kent, and Bruce Wayne."

Great writing... [​IMG]

12. Michael Menduina

Glad to read you guys enjoyed the finale. It will make me miss the Bruce Timm / Paul Dini era even more. These fellows did some great work within the DC Animated Universe.

The one thing that surprised me the most was Hawkgirl in civies. I always thought her wings were synthetic!? At least, I believe they are in the comics (something regarding anti-gravity belts and stuff). In this series, they made her more like Angel from the old X-Men days.

Now, hopefully Warner will release proper season sets of the series. By proper, I mean new transfers. I own the first 3 DVD's and all 3 suffer from huge aliasing (jaggies) when viewed on progressive scan TV's. Same goes for ROTJ and others I own. The last release 'Mystery of the Batwoman' (rented only), was done properly and looked stunning. 16x9 wouldn't kill them either! I realize the first season was done in faux widescreen but I'd still be happier for the extra resolution afforded by 16x9.

13. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

This probably won't be the case next season as there will be all new characters and only 20min stories.