What's new

Justice League (2017) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
One more point - there's also a lot of minds being made up before a movie is even made, as this Batman rumor trolling the various movie and comic blogs shows. People like to criticize executives for "meddling" and "not supporting creative people", but execs have saved soooooo many movies from bad ideas, too. If anything the DC films have been criticized by fans and critics for *not* following more mainstream, formula driven expectations for what tentpole comic book superhero films should be.

As I said, I take this with a huge grain of salt. But, assuming for the sake of argument that it was true, it supports the feeling many have that the DC films have been mishandled by Warner and that the studio lacks an executive in charge with a real vision for these films. The recent news about the Flash movie (seeking its 3rd director) doesn't help.

And I say that as someone who ultimately enjoyed BvS and is really looking forward to WW.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
One more point - there's also a lot of minds being made up before a movie is even made, as this Batman rumor trolling the various movie and comic blogs shows. People like to criticize executives for "meddling" and "not supporting creative people", but execs have saved soooooo many movies from bad ideas, too. If anything the DC films have been criticized by fans and critics for *not* following more mainstream, formula driven expectations for what tentpole comic book superhero films should be.

And others, like me, can become really attached to one version of a character or movie that they can't help but compare the many variations to the one they love. It can take multiple views to judge a movie on it's own merits but I do give them a chance. Like Man of Steel, I hated it when I first saw it but I've come to appreciate it more each time I watch it. With Dark Shadows, I love the original and like the movie. I hated The Force Awakens and was very bored with it when I watched it again. I did like Batman V Superman more than MOS but it is still a flawed movie. I'm not much of a Snyder fan but I'm still looking forward to Justice League.

I think people aren't so much criticizing DC films for not following the more mainstream Superhero movies but for not getting the characters and the tone right according to how they think it should be. I think Superman should be one way, not brooding and sullen like he was in MOS, but I think he was better in BvS. I've liked Batman, on the other hand, in each re-interpretation of the character in films so far. If I have a bad reaction to a movie, I will express it but I may change my view at a later time. I don't think anyone should completely write movies off before they see them either.

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Some new photos have surfaced:

Justice-League-Total-Film.jpg

Wonder-Woman-Justice-League.jpg

Last edited:

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
He was tweeting Snyder's Instagram from a day or so earlier.

Love the shot on the monitor BTW.

JL DP is actually Fabian Wagner (this is his first significant feature, though he's done great work on TV for Game of Thrones, DaVinci's Demons, Sherlock, etc.). He recently spoke about carrying on Fong's work from BvS:

“Last year I was fortunate enough to work with Zack Snyder on his new movie ‘Justice League’. I had always been a fan of his work and of his long time cinematographer Larry Fong. I tried to put my own stamp onto it but Larry’s dark and beautiful lighting was a huge source of inspiration. I had the best time working with all of those guys.”

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I have no doubt the movie will have cool as hell looking set pieces. Snyder always delivers on that front. But the connective tissue is always problematic, made worse by the edits made to his overlong first cuts (BvS Director's Cut theatrical cut lost so much connective tissue that it's a random jumble of set pieces). More worryingly, Synder wants to reinvent all of the DC properties through the prism of Alan Moore's Watchmen, and that makes for a dreary slog. I'm not going to invest any hopes for good Justice League movie.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Maybe it's me, but I really hate posters like this where the characters are striking corny poses while looking directly at you. Movies like this already strain credibility and obliterate suspension of disbelief. They do not need to be undermined further by Sears-quality portraitures.

I just don't believe that what I see pictured is something these superheroes would stop to do, what with all the world-ending problems they're always facing. When did they find the time between punching monsters to take glamour shots!? Where's the visual suspense? Iron Man 3 showed Tony Stark popping out of his wrecked armor, totally absorbed by his plight--not mugging at the camera.

I actually find the Justice League full-cast poster threatening because I think they're moments away from busting out hats and canes for a tap-dance number.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks