What's new

Justice League (2017) (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Despite my criticisms of BvS, I gotta say, I really am enjoying the extended version. It's not the movie I would have asked for and its not perfect, but it's sprawling, complicated, epic story in this longer form and I'm finding it a lot of fun to watch. (It's on now.) It works as a movie in ways that were unfathomable to me after seeing the theatrical version.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I thought at least one person would recognize this and say something.

May the JL could use this for their base of operations.

Had I not been offline most of the weekend, I most definitely would have responded!

Meanwhile... deep in the recesses of my mind, cheesy transitional sound effects echo in a never ending loop...

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Filming on Justice League has officially wrapped. Snyder posted this behind-the-scenes montage video today:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a fan of Snyder's DC cinematic universe at all so far, but he definitely knows how to put together a beautiful looking production. That shot of the Justice League (sans Superman) riding down the elevator, even with the raw behind-the-scenes framing and lighting, gave me shivers.

Interesting that Snyder put Wonder Woman into heeled sandals for Batman v Superman and this film, while she wears seemingly far more practical flatter footwear in the standalone film.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Alternative Justice League costumes for The Flash and Cyborg revealed:

upload_2016-11-2_11-47-20.png

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Take this with a grain of salt, but Bret Easton Ellis recently posted he'd spoken with people involved with The Batman, who confided in him that the script had major problems. They went to the studio with their concerns, and the studio didn't care. The studio said they were going to make so much money on the movie and that 70% of the audience wouldn't even be seeing it in English.
If true, a very sad state of affairs at Warner.
http://www.cbr.com/rumor-ben-afflecks-batman-movie-may-have-major-script-problems/

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think alot of the 'fans' that want to believe the worst about DC movies are going to take this as gospel truth. That being said, I believe that that's the attitude on the corporate side of most franchise movies but I still like to think that the creative people still want to make something good. Even if they don't achieve it, they're not total whores who only care about a bottom line.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
It's important to note that the entire article - which is generally a good read - bemoans the very existence of the various Cinematic Universes being produced in modern Hollywood. This article has an agenda, and it craps on even the best of the tentpole productions. It's saying The Batman has a crappy screenplay in comparison to The Night Of, not in comparison to Captain America: Civil War. That's an important distinction.

Also Ellis is already backing off this statement.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BretEastonEllis/status/794676696565694464

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I'd also like to add that these days if one doesn't personally like something it's not a matter of taste, but because the thing you didn't like is "a mess". We live in a very black/white world of perception right now when it comes to mainstream movies. And if one doesnt like what the group says is good or hate what the group said is bad your opinion is worthless.

It's really a depressing, frustrating time to have a strong opinion about something for different reasons than the almighty consensus.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
It's really a depressing, frustrating time to have a strong opinion about something for different reasons than the almighty consensus.
But it doesn't have to be. Like what you want, it shouldn't affect your like of a movie. I remember when the Tim Burton's 'Dark Shadows' movie was released I loved it, though it was one of the best pics of the year. Friends, family thought I was bonkers. On the flip side I have been very vocal about 'The Force Awakens'. I still think its awful(masterfully directed, great acting--just hated the story) and everyone I know loves it. I'm going against the grain in grand fashion on that one, but I don't care.

When a movie you love in the theater doesn't turn a profit for the studio, that's what hurts. Knowing it is a basically a red alert to the studio not to try something like it again.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Oh, I don't let it effect my views. It just makes it very difficult to have a viable conversation about why it worked or didn't work for you without the other side resorting to saying you're a fanboy or an idiot.

In the increasingly rare case that someone brings up an angle or a perspective I hadn't considered... Well, now that can tweak my point of view. But that's what actual conversation does that berating the opposite view doesn't.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
One more point - there's also a lot of minds being made up before a movie is even made, as this Batman rumor trolling the various movie and comic blogs shows. People like to criticize executives for "meddling" and "not supporting creative people", but execs have saved soooooo many movies from bad ideas, too. If anything the DC films have been criticized by fans and critics for *not* following more mainstream, formula driven expectations for what tentpole comic book superhero films should be.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Oh, I don't let it effect my views. It just makes it very difficult to have a viable conversation about why it worked or didn't work for you without the other side resorting to saying you're a fanboy or an idiot.

In the increasingly rare case that someone brings up an angle or a perspective I hadn't considered... Well, now that can tweak my point of view. But that's what actual conversation does that berating the opposite view doesn't.

I have to say, although we disagreed on a lot of what was in Batman v Superman, I enjoyed discussing that movie on this forum (and especially the exchanges we shared) more than any other conversation about that film I had with anyone else. I look forward to continuing that with future releases, where perhaps we might even find ourselves on the same page a little bit more next time.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I remember when the Tim Burton's 'Dark Shadows' movie was released I loved it, though it was one of the best pics of the year.
I thought Dark Shadows was really fun and is an underrated movie. I think it's very quirky sense of humor makes it a movie that isn't going to appeal to everyone though.

On the flip side I have been very vocal about 'The Force Awakens'. I still think its awful(masterfully directed, great acting--just hated the story) and everyone I know loves it. I'm going against the grain in grand fashion on that one, but I don't care.
You need to watch the new season of South Park.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks