What's new

Justice League (2017) (2 Viewers)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I had the same problem. The source of the problem seems to be confusion with regard to whether one is referring to HBO itself, or the HBO Go or HBO Now platforms.
Yeah, HBO ain’t doing a great job there. As I understand it, this is the deal:

-If you have HBO as a TV channel from a cable or satellite provider, you will get access to HBO Max as part of that subscription.

-If you subscribe to HBO Now directly from HBO’s website, you will get access to HBO Max as part of that subscription.

-If you subscribe to HBO Now through a third party service or device (for instance, you subscribe through iTunes and are billed by Apple), you will not get HBO Max as part of that service.

-HBO Max costs the same as HBO Now and includes everything on Now. So if you pay for Now and don’t get Max, cancel Now and sign up for Max.
The last I had heard was that not every cable company was participating. Is Xfinity? I have an HBO subcription, will I get Max for free?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The last I had heard was that not every cable company was participating. Is Xfinity? I have an HBO subcription, will I get Max for free?
Glad to see that me and my buddy aren't the only ones to not understand who will and won't have access to this. HBO has done a truly terrible job informing people about this.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Glad to see that me and my buddy aren't the only ones to not understand who will and won't have access to this. HBO has done a truly terrible job informing people about this.
I brief google investigation reveals the current answer for xfinity: not yet and who knows when. However I can cancel my sub with xfinity and subscribe directly with HBO and save a little money for the next year.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Here is what I hope is a simple question:

Will HBO MAX replace HBO NOW? Like, when I wake up tomorrow, will there be an HBO MAX app in place of HBO NOW?

If HBO NOW will continue to exist alongside HBO MAX, 1) why? and 2) what will it have?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The services will coexist, but as HBO has pointed out, there is no reason to subscribe to Now once Max is out. Both are the same price and Max will have everything that’s on Now.

The reason for Now’s continued existence almost certainly has to do with preexisting contracts and agreements to carry that app on different services and storefronts.

Cancel Now. Subscribe to Max once your Now subscription ends.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The services will coexist, but as HBO has pointed out, there is no reason to subscribe to Now once Max is out. Both are the same price and Max will have everything that’s on Now.

The reason for Now’s continued existence almost certainly has to do with preexisting contracts and agreements to carry that app on different services and storefronts.

Cancel Now. Subscribe to Max once your Now subscription ends.

Interesting, but here's the thing: I subscribed to MAX this morning, and until MAX goes live, they told me to log into NOW.

From what you are saying, it seems inevitable that NOW will be going away within a year. Same price/same content but MAX has more? Weird business model. I guess if you're one of those people that just really hates Friends, you'd keep NOW instead.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m guessing it’s simply a matter of that once you make a contract with, say, the Apple Store to sell HBO Now subscriptions that it becomes a red tape hassle to migrate one service’s customer base into something else when the apps and subscriptions are managed by multiple third parties. I’m sure the lawyers had a field day with all this :)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I was luke warm about the theatrical Justice League. Curious to see how the Snyder Cut plays out.

This will be released in 2021 on HBO Max in four one hour installments.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Why is it 4:3 I wonder? Weird.

I’d comfortably bet it has nothing to do with the aspect ratio of the “Snyder Cut” and is just a stylistic choice for this teaser (holding back the full image for the actual release). But yeah, it is an odd choice for the teaser.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I love Leonard Cohen, but just stop already. The biggest problem with the DC films in terms of music is that all the songs chosen have been used multiple times, to the point where they could belong in any movie, not the one we're watching, and it makes the DC films seem generic.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think the use of this particular song was very intentional - Snyder has used it before - I think it’s simply the Director’s way of saying “this is my film” and not meant to be reflective of a larger trend.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think the use of this particular song was very intentional - Snyder has used it before - I think it’s simply the Director’s way of saying “this is my film” and not meant to be reflective of a larger trend.
I honestly thought it was more of a joke like the filmmakers or fans were saying "Hallelujah, it's finally coming!" That didn't make me like it any more though.

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Why is it 4:3 I wonder? Weird.

I’d comfortably bet it has nothing to do with the aspect ratio of the “Snyder Cut” and is just a stylistic choice for this teaser (holding back the full image for the actual release). But yeah, it is an odd choice for the teaser.

I'd say it was a deliberate choice to reflect that it was going to be seen on television instead of in a theater, but I doubt anyone who'd be subscribed to HBO Max would have a 4:3 TV, so the point would be lost.

I still not sold on a Snyder cut of this movie. It'll certainly be a vastly different movie than what Whedon gave us -- I'm rather astonished at the amount of material in this teaser alone that wasn't used by Whedon -- but I'm not convinced it'll be much, if any, better. A lot of the scenes in this teaser look interesting on their own, but the question is whether the movie has a whole will hang together any better than Man of Steel or Batman v Superman did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks