What's new

Justice League (2017) (2 Viewers)

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
I liked this film and it has a great Dolby Atmos mix, the 70mm prints only have 5.1 audio, but we have no 70mm prints in the UK.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I saw it with Dolby Atmos and thoroughly enjoyed it. I went in with rather low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. While I enjoy the Flash on TV, Miller's Flash was a lot of fun and loved his presentation on the big screen. I for one am glad they keep it separate. I look forward to the Blu-Ray.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I saw it with Dolby Atmos and thoroughly enjoyed it. I went in with rather low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. While I enjoy the Flash on TV, Miller's Flash was a lot of fun and loved his presentation on the big screen. I for one am glad they keep it separate. I look forward to the Blu-Ray.
I'm going to have my second viewing tomorrow and this time, it will be a 2-D presentation.

Christian T Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian Taylor Lee
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not a perfect film by any stretch of the imagination but it was a fun afternoon with my 6 year old son.
I really loved this interpretation of Superman, seemed more like the Superman I remember. To me he finally lived up to that "Beacon of Hope" label they have been throwing around for the past few movies.
It was like he has fully embraced being Superman and no more moping or conflicted feelings about it.

Also the brighter suit was nice as well has hearing this old theme.
but like I said it was fun way to spend a nasty cold Saturday afternoon, and that is OK :).

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
So I finally checked out Justice League over the weekend. I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it either. I thought it was average. A Justice League movie deserves to be more than merely average. That's the kind of property you spend the time and money to get right. Instead we get a pieced together mess of a movie with some of the worst CGI I have ever seen. The ten year old comics nerd me says "shame on you WB."

WB has dropped the ball on every DC shared Universe movie with the exception of Wonder Woman. They really need to consider shaking things up as to who is making the decisions. I know they are capable of making a really good DC movie set within this universe (see Wonder Woman). Fingers crossed this is a wake up call to the WB brass.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
WB has dropped the ball on every DC shared Universe movie with the exception of Wonder Woman. They really need to consider shaking things up as to who is making the decisions. I know they are capable of making a really good DC movie set within this universe (see Wonder Woman). Fingers crossed this is a wake up call to the WB brass.

I agree with you. Warner's take on this is the hiring of Geoff Johns to be their Kevin Feige (Marvel's man in charge). Justice League was already in production when Johns was hired and Snyder was the man in charge. So JL may be the end of the pre-Johns era. We'll see what Aquaman, the next film in the series, brings. If It's more colorless, gloomy pictures and generic warriors and CGI, we will see that Warner has learned nothing. If it's lighter, funnier, more character driven and above all, fun, we'll see that they learned a little something.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I collected The New Teen Titans in the 80's so seeing my favorite character from that group Cyborg on the big screen was awesome(the writers of JL got him perfectly).

I love this movie. A new favorite comic book movie for me, and that is exactly what it is a really good comic book movie. My favorite characters all working as a team was just mind blowing.
Steppenwolf, yeah a little obscure for main villain but I welcome that. Dig deep into the DC vault for some more lesser known characters.

I can't express enough how disappointed I am with the numbers its doing at the box office. It deserves better( I hope it has legs). Mention at the end form Bruce about a table and area to meet had me glowing-The Hall of Justice. Man, I really want a sequel. Best time at the movies in quite some time.

Grade-A

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I liked it but....

I was disappointed. Tied for my least favorite DCEU film with a Suicide Squad. I thought it was a bit of a mess.

SPOILERS

Weak story
Weak villain
Weak characters (Aquaman and Cyborg)
Weak Superman resurrection (should have been way more powerful).

Also if felt small and disjointed. Not epic enough.

I did like Flash and all the Wonder Woman scenes were great and some of the action was fun but overall....meh.

It may grow on me but I already went in with low expectations.

I would give it a 7/10. Should have been a 9 or a 10. Oh well.

By the way saw it in IMAX 2D.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I liked it but....

I was disappointed. Tied for my least favorite DCEU film with a Suicide Squad. I thought it was a bit of a mess.

SPOILERS

Weak story
Weak villain
Weak characters (Aquaman and Cyborg)
Weak Superman resurrection (should have been way more powerful).

Also if felt small and disjointed. Not epic enough.

I did like Flash and all the Wonder Woman scenes were great and some of the action was fun but overall....meh.

It may grow on me but I already went in with low expectations.

I would give it a 7/10. Should have been a 9 or a 10. Oh well.

By the way saw it in IMAX 2D.
Tino,

I have to disagree with you here. Justice League is a much better film than Suicide Squad.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Snyder sole credit for director. Whedon got co-writer credit. (Whedon never petitioned for director's credit and took the job with the understanding that he wasn't getting one.)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So...in Justice League, Cyborg says the mother box woke up the night that Superman was killed, and that's how and when he was created.

Batman V Superman clearly shows Diana watching a prerecorded video of Cyborg's creation, which means this happened before the night Superman died...since that video was stolen from Lex Luther much earlier in the film.

Amazing that they can't even keep continuity from the last film they made.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I figured it would only be a Snyder credit, but I wasn’t sure if there were rules (like the old rule that Lucas broke about having a director’s credit at the start of a film). Thanks.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Lucas certainly wasn't the first to not have a director's credit at the beginning of the film, which makes me wonder why the DGA supposedly cared so much. "2001: A Space Odyssey" came out in 1968 and doesn't have a director's credit until the end of the film.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
They claimed that the "Lucasfilm" logo at the beginning of Empire was a producer's credit and that would necessitate having the credits at the beginning.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'll take a controversial position and say that Wonder Woman wasn't that good. It's not bad (and it's the best DC movie) but it's nothing special or particularly memorable. To WW's credit, they got things right that the other DC movies didn't and I hope they keep going in the direction that that movie established but the effusive praise for that movie is strange to me.
Well Travis my friend, it’s strange to you because you don’t agree with it.

It’s that simple. ;)

By the way I agree with that effusive praise. So it’s not strange to me at all. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks