What's new

Justice League (2017) (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
No. That's the future they will end up preventing through their heroics. Same thing as how the X-Men changed the future of the Sentinels ruling the world and killing them all.

But since we've seen it happen already, it has to happen so that they can prevent it from happening. Otherwise Flash can't go back in time to warn Bruce, because it doesn't happen, and then him not warning him results in it happening again. The X-Men changed the future in Days Of Future Past, but that future had to happen first - we had to have the Days Of Future Past movie. What I'm saying is, I think you're right that the end result will be that they change that future, but I think they will have to actually portray it onscreen more fully before they are able to change it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That seems weird to set up a dystopian future like that and then not show it for any length of time. I think it's already massively unclear that it's meant to be a glimpse of the future in BvS and not just a dream (and I'm not someone who usually has difficulty handling fractured timelines in a movie), and that since it's been set up as a nightmare future, that they have to show it further at some point. Otherwise it's just this weird random thing in the middle of BvS that grinds the narrative to a halt for no reason.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I loved that Flash scene in BvS.

This new preview was really good.

I hear you talk to fish.

b82216ec21a20b66ea1ab0bd006caccf.png

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
That seems weird to set up a dystopian future like that and then not show it for any length of time. I think it's already massively unclear that it's meant to be a glimpse of the future in BvS and not just a dream (and I'm not someone who usually has difficulty handling fractured timelines in a movie), and that since it's been set up as a nightmare future, that they have to show it further at some point. Otherwise it's just this weird random thing in the middle of BvS that grinds the narrative to a halt for no reason.
I suspect the Flash film will really dive into the time travel / alternate realities aspects.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
image.jpg

I'm not a fan of the Flash's look either, but hopefully it will evolve.

I definitely like that we're seeing more color here. Now we need some green in the group.

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
I definitely do not like the Flash's costume. If there's anybody who can pull off the basic superhero stretchy suit, it should be the guy who runs everywhere. But no, let's give him body armor and a bright red codpiece. Seriously?

Now we need some green in the group.

Absolutely! And hey, one of the primary members of the Justice League has the word "Green" in his name, but he's completely MIA. Or maybe they were thinking about trying out Martian Manhunter, but when they tried to make his little blue trunks into armor –since everything has to be armor, evidently– it just ended up looking like a chastity belt so they nixed him.

FWIW, I'm still looking forward to seeing all of these guys on the big screen, I just wish the costumers wouldn't feel the need to reinvent the wheel or overcomplicate things so much.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Is the failure of the 2011 movie the reason Green Lantern isn't in this?

I think WB is hesitant on Green Lantern due to the previous film, but there are plans to use the character in the DC movies.

I believe that the tentative plan was to do a Green Lantern movie sometime after Justice League 2. I think the most recent rumor was that the film would be "Green Lantern Corps" and would possibly use multiple Earth GLs, like Stewart and Jordan.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
That's a big mistake IMO. Green Lantern is one of the crown jewels of the DC universe. He's an integral part of Justice League and I think a stand-alone GL film should come before JL2. Heck, they've already "rebooted" Superman and Batman, they're redoing The Flash completely divorced from his current and hugely successful television character... why not give Green Lantern another shot now? Commit to the character DC! No one's going to hold that awful Ryan Reynolds attempt against you.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
There's no more JL2 anymore. Just one JL movie. They're now claiming that they never ever said it was going to be 2, which is kinda crazy since they did.

I didn't like the Batman suit at all in BvS but I still found Batman to be one of the best parts of the movie. I imagine I'll have a similar experience with the Flash this time.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about JL2 getting nixed Josh. Thanks for the reminder. In that case I think they should introduce Green Lantern in a big way with JL, but apparently that's not gonna happen. Sometimes I wonder what the suits at DC are thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks