What's new

Justice League (2017) (1 Viewer)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
So, I saw Wonder Woman again tonight and because I've been reading this thread the last couple of days, I ended up paying a lot of attention to the score and comparing it to how I feel about Marvel scores. It may not be an all-time score or anything, but it's far more dramatic, makes more extensive use of themes, and is more memorable than the more generic background feel of most Marvel scores.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
So, I saw Wonder Woman again tonight and because I've been reading this thread the last couple of days, I ended up paying a lot of attention to the score and comparing it to how I feel about Marvel scores. It may not be an all-time score or anything, but it's far more dramatic, makes more extensive use of themes, and is more memorable than the more generic background feel of most Marvel scores.
I like the Avengers theme, I think it is pretty distinctive, and I love the Wonder Woman theme, it adds a lot of excitement to her scenes and appearances.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The official second trailer will be released at Comic-Con on Saturday July 22nd. For now a new poster, with Superman:

DCtKyGcWAAIp9kt.jpg:large

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Cool poster, but I still wish: a) that Superman had the red trunks and yellow belt; and b) that the movie featured Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter instead of Cyborg. Cyborg's always seemed like the D-lister of the bunch.

The interesting this about this movie is that it's a similar situation to Ant-Man, albeit for a far more tragic reason. It'll be interesting to see how much of the final product feels like Snyder and how much feels like Whedon.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Not to argue, but is it that similar? On Ant-Man, Edgar Wright left in pre-production after refusing to add scenes needed to fit the film into the MCU. Paul Rudd rewrote the script with Adam McKay, added those scenes (which many viewers felt were among the best in the film), and then director Payton Reed was hired and directed 100% of the film.

In the case of Justice League, Whedon is handling reshoots of scenes that Snyder and the studio had previously hired him to rewrite for them. To me, that feels very different. I expect that this movie will feel like the previous films, but with a few more quips - which seems to be how the series was evolving anyway.

Green Lantern probably would be in this (played by Ryan Reynolds) if his 2011 movie hasn't been so poorly received. That was meant to be the first DCEU movie, just as Dracula Untold was meant to be Universal's first in a series of interrelated monster movies. When those films flopped, the studio then decided they no longer counted.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Adam and Josh I know it's an accidental typo but you both are calling him Synder and it's driving me nuts.

Or maybe it's intentional?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
On my part? That's autocorrect on my phone. I type "Snyder" and the phone forces it to "Synder". I just had to put it in three times now before it accepted the right spelling without changing. I will try to fix it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Not to argue, but is it that similar?
It's a similar in that you have a director with a very different sensibility taking over late in the game from a director with a very recognizable cinematic voice.

I would definitely expect Justice League to have more Snyder in it than Ant-Man had Wright in it. But the reshoots are evidently extensive (much like the upcoming Han Solo reshoots now that Lucasfilm has fired Lord and Miller). I just find it interesting when to see how the two voices and perspectives interact with each other. This is a much higher profile example too, since it's basically DC's Avengers while Ant-Man was kind of a quirky little side project for Marvel.

Adam and Josh I know it's an accidental typo but you both are calling him Synder and it's driving me nuts.
Fixed.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I had no idea Lucasfilm fired them, did that just happen? Kinda amazing that all of the SW spinoffs have had so much trouble. One director flat out fired (Josh Trank), another one sidelined (Gareth Edwards/Rogue One) and now this. Wow.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I tend to believe that Whedon will do his best to present the film he agreed to write for when Snyder was still the director. Now naturally it'll be his interpretation of what that is, but most indications are that the new scenes are more character motivation/interaction scenes that aren't terribly effects heavy. Which makes sense, as that would be the type of scenes you hire Whedon to bring to your film as a writer; but the skeleton of the film and such scenes like the Bruce and Barry interaction we've seen in the trailers aren't going anywhere, and those were clearly shot under Snyder's direction. Whedon is also on record as calling DC's films more "cinematic" than Marvel's, so I'd expect the action footage that Snyder shot to stay mostly intact.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't think they could change the Snyder look at this point even if they wanted to. The cinematography for the new stuff is going to have match what's already been shot. If there's any change to the look, it's going to be in the color grading of the digital intermediate at the end.

Age of Ultron wasn't a particularly colorful or cheerful looking picture, either.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
They called in The Avengers guy to finish Justice League. Irony. Just sayin'.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
The official second trailer will be released at Comic-Con on Saturday July 22nd. For now a new poster, with Superman:

DCtKyGcWAAIp9kt.jpg:large

Good to see Superman alive and well and standing with his JL counterparts.

Of course we all knew that Superman wouldn't stay dead, but I was concerned that he might start out "evil" and could even be one of the antagonists in this movie.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Cavill doesn't look like himself at all in that profile view in the poster.

Is that just me?

Also, odds that this new trailer will be skewed to have wondy shown more prominently?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Still not a fan of the armor look for The Flash. It's interesting that we have two very different live-action takes on the character at the same time.

Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot make Ezra Miller look like a midget.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
The Flash's (initial) look is the equivalent of Peter Parker's home made Spider-Man outfit in Homecoming. In story context it makes sense that it's more functional than sleek looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks