What's new

Just Wondering: Magnum PI (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I'm starting to get to the point where I almost have all the TV series I really really want (that are out of course) so I'm looking at a few I'm not sure of yet.

The first one on my list is Magnum PI, I did watch it years ago but all I remember is the car and the theme song. So I dunno if its purchase worthy.

To give you and idea I liked all the other Universal shows from that period (IE, A-Team, Airwolf, Kinight Rider, Miami Vice, etc) so based on that do you think I'd like this? I would rent it but there aren't many tv shows available for rent where I live.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I have picked up both season 1 and season 2 of Magnum P.I. and I must say that it has held up well over the years. Some shows from the 80's appear a bit dated to me but that just isn't the case with Magnum.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
If you like a good mix of action and humor aimed at an IQ level several dozen points above the A-Team, that's Magnum.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Like a lot of shows Magnum took a little time to hit its stride. (A couple of years ago I saw the pilot for the first time since it originally aired and was amazed at how different it was from the series that emerged. I had totally forgotten Rick actually "doing" Bogart. :))

Your profile doesn't indicate where you are, but if you're somewhere in the U.S. and can't find reruns on your local broadcast stations, try cable and satellite. The series airs at noon and 3 pm (ET) on Superstation WGN Chicago, which is carried by most cable and satellite providers. You can catch up on a few episodes that way via VCR or PVR and see how you like it. Another way to jog your memory might be to catch A&E's Biography episode Tom Selleck: More than Magnum (Sat Jul 9 10:00 AM on A&E, Wed Jul 27 08:00 PM on the Biography Channel, and Thu Jul 28 12:00 AM on the Biography Channel) and/or the E! True Hollywood Story: Magnum, P.I. (Fri Jul 8 03:00 AM on E! Entertainment TV.)

Regards,

Joe

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Plus, Magnum is one of the few shows that didn't "jump the shark" (if you follow that thing). If you like Miami Vice I'm sure you'd love Magnum as well, like I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks