What's new

Just Won The Traffic DVD From A Local Radio Station But... (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I don't think I'm going to get it. :)
I was stuck in traffic(!) on the way home from work, and while scanning the radio stations, I came upon WPLJ, which asked for the #1 movie over the weekend, and the winner would win the DVD of Traffic. Radio stations giving away DVD's as prizes, pretty cool I thought. Since I wasn't moving, and a bit bored, I said what the hell and dialed them up.
A minute later, what sounded like a deep voiced teenager informed me I was caller #25....woo hoo.
"What was the #1 movie this past weekend" he asked?
"Duh..American Pie 2 of course", I replied.
"You're right" said he. "It was the highest grossing R rated film ever released with $45 million".
"Umm...not really" said I, "Hannibal made $58 million in February in its first weekend".
"Really", said he. Talks to someone in background, "Hey he says Hannibal made more!?"
"Hannibal?"
"Yes,.. Hannibal"

"OK then, hold on". A minute later, some women begins to take my information when..CLICK!
No more Traffic of any kind now.
biggrin.gif

When they played back my call, it was cut off immediately after I said American Pie 2, and he STILL said it was the highest grossing R-rated opening ever.
Must have been something I said.
laugh.gif

BTW, I already own Traffic on DVD and it's a great transfer..can't wait for that SE.
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Ahaha, didn't you know all those useless movie statistics would pay off someday :)!
-Tom

MikeM

Screenwriter
quote: When they played back my call, it was cut off immediately after I said American Pie 2, and he STILL said it was the highest grossing R-rated opening ever.[/quote]
Well, the buzz that I keep hearing is that for an opening weekend, it's the highest grossing R-Rated Comedy ever. They said it beat out Caddyshack, The Blues Brothers, Animal House, etc.
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

[Edited last by MikeM on August 13, 2001 at 08:36 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks