Just Won The Traffic DVD From A Local Radio Station But...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tino, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    I don't think I'm going to get it. [​IMG]
    I was stuck in traffic(!) on the way home from work, and while scanning the radio stations, I came upon WPLJ, which asked for the #1 movie over the weekend, and the winner would win the DVD of Traffic. Radio stations giving away DVD's as prizes, pretty cool I thought. Since I wasn't moving, and a bit bored, I said what the hell and dialed them up.
    A minute later, what sounded like a deep voiced teenager informed me I was caller #25....woo hoo.
    "What was the #1 movie this past weekend" he asked?
    "Duh..American Pie 2 of course", I replied.
    "You're right" said he. "It was the highest grossing R rated film ever released with $45 million".
    "Umm...not really" said I, "Hannibal made $58 million in February in its first weekend".
    "Really", said he. Talks to someone in background, "Hey he says Hannibal made more!?"
    "Hannibal?"
    "Yes,.. Hannibal"

"OK then, hold on". A minute later, some women begins to take my information when..CLICK!
    No more Traffic of any kind now. [​IMG]
    When they played back my call, it was cut off immediately after I said American Pie 2, and he STILL said it was the highest grossing R-rated opening ever.
    Must have been something I said. [​IMG]
    BTW, I already own Traffic on DVD and it's a great transfer..can't wait for that SE.
    ------------------
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

2. Tom Ryan

Tom Ryan Screenwriter

Ahaha, didn't you know all those useless movie statistics would pay off someday [​IMG]!
    -Tom

3. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

quote: When they played back my call, it was cut off immediately after I said American Pie 2, and he STILL said it was the highest grossing R-rated opening ever.[/quote]
    Well, the buzz that I keep hearing is that for an opening weekend, it's the highest grossing R-Rated Comedy ever. They said it beat out Caddyshack, The Blues Brothers, Animal House, etc.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    [Edited last by MikeM on August 13, 2001 at 08:36 PM]

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

That's cuz ticket prices were a lot less when those movies came out [​IMG]