What's new

Just when you think you've seen everything... (1 Viewer)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Now THAT's keeping an open mind. :)
This one gets me:
and parts of Africa hanging over the edge.
So there are parts of Africa that have no shoreline and can't be circumnavigated by ship? Good grief. And I suppose that we can't walk to the edge of the world in the area of Africa that overhangs because of "a wall 150 feet high" that can't be scaled by any human.
Gee, too bad we don't have something (like a helicopter, maybe) that can fly that high. We could test this claim in short order.
===========================================
Actually, though I haven't researched it, this looks like subtle parody to me. My web site (click on the house above) is a parody, though more clearly so, but people take it seriously every day. I get at least ten emails a week for "Earl" asking how to fix something. I wonder how in the world anybody could take my site seriously (and not just take it seriously, but also think that Earl would be a good person to solicit help from!), but then I see something like this, and I find that I may be no more discerning than Earl's unlikely disciples.
Is this guy for real? If he isn't, then I think it's a hoot that I strongly considered the possibility.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
If you really want to read some wacked out stuff, well, too bad, because the second clause of this sentence has been edited out by the nearest admin.
It makes the Flat earth stuff seem like a text book!
Now, Grant, you know better than that. Tsk tsk tsk. Keeping HTF safe for smiles, hugs, and kisses. The Administration

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I would hope so, but here's a Google search on "Flat Earth Society". Some links are for a music band by the same name, but it appears there are quite a few links dedicated to this...
So? I've seen websites devoted to the "Spork". That doesn't mean these people are serious...or intelligent for that matter.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i'm still searching for "Copyright The Onion, 2002" or something like that, i havent found it yet.

CJ

Anders Englund

Second Unit
After spending over sixteen million dollars and using over 48 thousand yards of industrial strength strapping tape, we of the Flat Earth Society were able to construct an enormously powerful neurotransmitter that can implant suggestions directly into the brains of the nearby non-Flat Earthers. Having set it up just outside of the Russian Antarctic exploration post (Vostok), we are awaiting word that all three scientists and 174 penguins have been shown the light
Well, this ought to prove that the second site is just a joke. The first guy seem more serious...

--Anders

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The Flat Earth Society are very real kooky wackos who haven't opened a physics textbook in their lives

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks