What's new

Just when you think you've seen everything... (1 Viewer)

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
The earth is flat!
More proof!
The second link has a link for WHY they think this, but when you click their link for "Fighting the Evidence" (disproving it's round), it's under construction :)
How ignorant/stupid/dumb can people be? I'd love to sit in on one of their meetings.
Mike D.

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
OMFG
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
:eek: :confused:
That Just about sums it up

Trevor Harveaux

Stunt Coordinator
I really, really, REALLY hope that the authors of that website, which i have seen before, are just making a big joke. The arguments they give are just, well wrong. Very wrong. I think a five year old would be able to see the huge holes of logic that they are creating. Personally, anybody who truly believes this rubbish in this day and age should not be allowed to breed.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Maybe we should strap him to a Delta rocket so he can see for himself.
Peace Out~:D

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Maybe we should strap him to a Delta rocket so he can see for himself.
Ron, I like your idea better than mine, which was a trip on the SST (I’ve never flown, but I have friends who tell me that you can see the curvature of the earth from the window).

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I can't believe you guys are totally rejecting this idea just because it "sounds" silly to you. Where is it written that so-called "science" has all the answers? What ever happened to the notion of keeping an open mind?
Leave it to the self-proclaimed skeptics on this forum to totally close their minds to new ideas before doing any investigation into the observations made by others.
-Brian
(Oh, and before I forget: ;))

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I remember back in 1969 when a Flat Earth Society spokesman was asked to explain the experiences of the Apollo 11 and Apollo 12 crews who landed on the Moon that year. "Didn't they orbit a spherical Earth?" the spokesman was asked.

He responded that it was actually an optical illusion encountered by astronauts. It only looked as if astronauts were actually revolving around a sphere.

Of course, the "explanation" tosses out the fundamentals of orbital mechanics (and math in general, for that matter).

In a way, it's kind of interesting to have kooky crackpots around. It kind of boosts one's own self-esteem.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
I thought that people that subscribed to this "theory" did not necessarily believe in it per se, but used it to symbolically represent their desire for a simpler lifestyle and belief system. Guess I was wrong.

Chris

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Sorry, I didn't mean to start a fight or anything, but as a self-proclaimed skeptic of this forum, I must say that I take great offense to my statement above!
Brian was being fecetious
I hope you actually mean facetious, or perhaps I should be more offended. But then, what could a self-proclaimed sceptic be but fecetious? :D
I'm sorry. I'm just having one of those days.
About the guy's web site, It's difficult for people to decide whether he's being serious or whether it's just a big joke. (And it makes me shudder to think that I apparently have this in common with the guy. :))

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Once again, picture in your mind a round world. Now imagine that there are two people on this world, one at each pole. For the person at the top of the world, (the North Pole), gravity is pulling him down, towards the South Pole. But for the person at the South Pole, shouldn't gravity pull him down as well? What keeps our person at the South Pole from falling completely off the face of the "globe"?
HAHAHAHA, LOL! :) This site has to be a joke, I mean how can anybody believe that kind of shit? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks