What's new

just when we thought that 115inch is what TCL-CSOT can produce, the next target... (1 Viewer)

YANG

Screenwriter
...130inch production plan and test going on!
tclwarsaw2024_1_small.jpg

although production technique is in the process of evolving... i'm confused, wouldn't 21:9 or 2:1 aspect ratio be practical for either enthusiast products or business products supplies?​

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
130” flat panel would be wild!

But all of this continues to frustrate me. I have room for 120” screen. 115” is too small but 130” is too big. But neither one is navigable to my theater. So it’s all moot!

grumble grumble :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Another entertainment for the rich that will quickly fade away.
…large tvs…? Entertainment for the rich…that will quickly fade away…?

I guess you’re brand new to consumer electronics and home theater and missed the ... checks notes … last 30 years of mass market TVs 😂

YANG

Screenwriter
Another entertainment for the rich that will quickly fade away.
there are many things behind the facet of product u see that determines the final price. not to forget, when manufacturing technique improves and capability to manufacture in large volume is achievable... final retail price comes down.
have u recently heard that a VIZIO 86inch TV is available @ USD$1000?
and falling as time and tech passes? what was the price of 86inch basic tech product when it was initially launched into markets?

when the first mass produced 100inch product was introduced into international market, the price have to be high and backed with expensive tech specs behind the panel. when production volume goes up, more variants can be produced with different specs and configurations.
after some few months passed, this HiSense 100incher caused a stir when it was launched with a price tag of USD$2500.
picture this. if there's a 100inch product with QLED layer removed, multi-channel in-built speakers removed, manufacturer developed picture engine removed solely relies on SoC picture processing, and packs a low refresh rate panel of 60Hz... what would that be finally priced? certainly lower than $2500 right?

give it 3~5yrs to mature, let's see how and when, 130inch display will come to a point that won't be so costly to consumers.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
130” flat panel would be wild!

But all of this continues to frustrate me. I have room for 120” screen. 115” is too small but 130” is too big. But neither one is navigable to my theater. So it’s all moot!

grumble grumble :)
Any flat panel can fit if you are committed enough

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If I had a walkout basement, my calculus would be different.

But the LCR speaker setup is also a real problem in general for two-row setup and for my room specifically with no wall space outside the screen for exterior speakers.

I'll eventually face the choice of 120" projector or 100" OLED. But for now 120" projector trumps 77" OLED for my taste.

Last edited:

YANG

Screenwriter
...I'll eventually face the choice of 120" projector or 100" OLED. But for now 120" projector trumps 77" OLED for my taste.
there isn't any 100" OLED if i'm not wrong. the biggest OLED made so far available for consumers acquisition is "close" to 100, @ 97inch.
the next closest size to 100" will be 101" reserved not for OLED or LED/MiniLED tech, but for microLED.

katarianig

Agent
Real Name
Michael
…large tvs…? Entertainment for the rich…that will quickly fade away…?

I guess you’re brand new to consumer electronics and home theater and missed the ... checks notes … last 30 years of mass market TVs 😂
Large TVs in general are not, but these specifically are quite possibly yes.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wish I lived in a mansion like most Americans appear to. There isn't a wall in my house that would fit a 120" TV let alone 130.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
there isn't any 100" OLED if i'm not wrong. the biggest OLED made so far available for consumers acquisition is "close" to 100, @ 97inch.
the next closest size to 100" will be 101" reserved not for OLED or LED/MiniLED tech, but for microLED.
There isn’t a 100”. Yet. Which is why I said “eventually”. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I wish I lived in a mansion like most Americans appear to. There isn't a wall in my house that would fit a 120" TV let alone 130.
I picked my house in part because it had a basement that suited having a theater. And I’m not in a “mansion” even by home standards from 20 or 30 years ago. (My house is on the smaller side compared to many friends and neighbors.) But I’m in the ‘burbs not in a big city.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rombrk
Recent bookmarks