Just When I Thought I Was Out

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay_Scott, May 16, 2002.

1. Jay_Scott

Jay_Scott Stunt Coordinator

They pull me back in. I posted this on the AVSForum as well, but anyway....I met with an A/V guy today. He installs home theaters and stuff like that. Well, for whatever reason he was trying to sell me on the Sony Grand Wega. Very good price by the way. About 5 grand.
    Yet still, I am unsure. Before I talked to him I was dead set on going with a Pioneer Elite 65" or the Elite Plasma 50" (with a very, very nice payment plan to go along with it).
    So, here I am again at this crossroads of wondering which way to go. I saw the Wega on display again right next to a plasma and it still caught my attention saying, "Buy Me! Buy Me!".
    I'm meeting with another HT installer tomorrow getting his thoughts and what not. But, my hopes aren't that high that I'll be hit with a ton of bricks of what the right purchase is.
    Going with the 65" RPTV is a safety for me. Something I would buy with confidence and certainty. Going with the LCD or the Plasma feels more risky, but I want cutting edge stuff (with the exception of DLP).
    I just don't know what to do anymore.

2. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Flip a coin[​IMG]
    Personally, I would think RPTV. I imagine you have more tweakability with it over a plasma or LCD, of course I could just be talking out my arse.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

3. Jay_Scott

Tweakability isn't all that important to me. It'll get calibrated and stuff when it gets installed. Although I wish it could be as easy as flipping a coin.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Three words: black-level retention. The Pioneer wins hands down.

5. Jay_Scott

bump

6. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    At the HI-FI store I go to, I always drool over that 65" Elite! Nothing I have seen there can best it besides front projection.