Just what exactly is holding up the release of "CHiPs"?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by MarkDukes, Feb 19, 2006.

1. MarkDukes

MarkDukes Stunt Coordinator

This is one of the more popular retro shows out there. Why have we heard no release information ever for this one? I can't imagine there wouldn't be a market for it!

2. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

Right now, it's rated #68 in the unreleased category over at TVShowsOnDVD.com. There has been 1632 votes for season sets of CHIPS.
    I know that a big screen movie is in the works. It wouldn't be unheard of to tie the DVDs in with the movie.
    Although, there is one thing. Noone can say for sure exactly who owns the rights for CHIPS. Some say MGM. Some say W.B.
    I guess we'll have wait and see what the future holds for CHIPS.
    Hopefully sooner than later.

3. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

I'd love to have this show on DVD.

4. Random Hero

Random Hero Second Unit

The reason for the delay is because the people involved with making the DVDs happen to spontaneously do a "freeze frame" at the end of every hour. [​IMG]

5. Michael Alden

Michael Alden Supporting Actor

Uh, there's no dispute. The show was produced by the original MGM which means it is owned by Warners.

6. MarkDukes

MarkDukes Stunt Coordinator

If Warner Bros. owns this show, I'm stunned by its lack of release. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Warner is great with TV on DVD, and this show certainly still has a following. I mean, we haven't even heard of it as being on the radar during the Warner Bros. chats!

7. Michael Alden

Michael Alden Supporting Actor

It depends on what you consider great. Among other popular shows MGM produced before being bought by Turner:
    Man from UNCLE, Please Don't Eat the Daisies, Dr. Kildare, Courtship of Eddie's Father, Mr. Novak, Medical Center, Flipper, Daktari, How the West Was Won, Thin Man.

None of these has seen a DVD release, save for 5 UNCLE movies which came out in the UK.

8. Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight Second Unit

Stephen
    The guy who plays Fez on That '70s Show is going to play Ponch.I heard that the movie is going to be released sometime in 2007.I,and I'm sure many other CHiPs fans,don't want to wait until 2007 to see it on DVD.Hopefully Warners can release the first season this year and tie in one of the later seasons with the release of the movie,like they did for The Dukes Of Hazzard.