What's new

Just went from wm40 to pb12 (1 Viewer)

I just returned my wm40 and bought a pb12. The pb12 is noticebly better but not as much as i thought it would be : ( Oh well. I have a question what are the differences in the 2000 pb12 and the 2001 pb12 I noticed at best buy that they had two different size boxes for the pb 12 and under further scrutiny found out that the older boxes were smaller and that the 2001 box was much bigger. Was there any changes to the sub?

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
What, please, is the pb12, and what is the price difference to the wm40? and could you describe the differences?

What, please, is the pb12, and what is the price difference to the wm40? and could you describe the differences?
Pb12 is made by jbl and can be had for 299 at jandr.com
I just purchased one to replace my wm40 (was stuffed) and didnt notice a huge difference. I(like most people say) do think it has proven to be a lot better with music tho. but this is just my opinion (dont take it for much im a nebie :))

Jay C

Grip
I just moved from the WM-40 to the SVS 25-31. After some hicups in setting the crossover low enough, this thing impresses the hell out of me every day. I can now take my sound level to 90dB plus with very clean bass. I use the Blue Man group DVD to test the SVS, it can go a lot louder than I'm willing to go (-20 on the Pioneer scale, and -30 is 85dB). The room is 27 x 16 x 8 = ~3500sqft and the SVS fills it with clean sound. At lower volumes (>75dB), the WM-40 is a competitor from 32Hz up, but once past 80dB they are no longer in the same league. The SVS does cost $690 shipped versus the $179 + tax I paid at Best Buy, but I would gladly hand over the money without hesitation if I had been able to hear it before buying it.

I listened to the B&W ASW-4000 (made my wife sick $3000), ASW-2000(really liked the sound of this one, but the spl lacked authority like I was expecting $1400), Sunfire MKII (closeout $899 uh.....no), Paradigm PW2200 (started out sounding very good right out of the box, but the sales guy monkeyed with the settings and it sounded ultra boomy $799, that's when I went home and started playing with the crossover option on the SVS amp) and the Servo 15 (a buddy has it, shakes the walls, doors, floors, and me but it's huge heavy amd expensive $1600 with x30). I am so proud of the SVS, that I couldn't even think of returning it for anything else. The spl's that I get in my room are way more than enough. As for the 20-39 or the 16-41, I've never heard anything that low, so I don't know what I'm missing, but I can say that 25-31 is more than enough for me. Finally, I have the SVS on its side in custom stands that I made. I have pictures, but no website. So if you want to see them, send me an email.

I have the Paradigm Mini Monitors up front with the Studio-370 center and ADP-70's rear. A simple Pioneer 409 for a receiver, Pioneer DVD-333, and Pioneer 25-disc CD.

If you are in the Memphis area, and are on the subwoofer fence, I would be willing to give a demo.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks