What's new

Just used Avia to calibrate my TV (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
The Toshiba is so much clearer now. Everything is a bit darker, but not to the point where I would go back to the orignal TV settings. I didn't realize how much detail I was missing without calibration. It takes some getting used to because everything has a more natural color so it seems weird compared to what you usually watch. I still have to get used to it but it was definitely worth it. I'll have to check out the advanced video calibration some time too.

Ernesto Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Give it a week or two and you will notice what you have been missing all along. The next time you walk into a TV showroom you are not going to believe your eyes. All the TVs are being pushed way beyond their limits and you will have an irresitable urge to adjust them. :D
To think those settings are what attract the uninitiated to buy. The brighter the better.

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
No kidding. Just for fun I went to default while watching Fight Club and all of a sudden Edward Norton's face was so undetailed. I notice more shadows on people's faces now, but who cares because everything is clear. I can see the light! I can't wait to calibrate my audio, but I'm waiting for my subwoofer.;)

Derrick_Ellis

Stunt Coordinator
The next time you walk into a TV showroom you are not going to believe your eyes. All the TVs are being pushed way beyond their limits and you will have an irresitable urge to adjust them.
Yes, and when you go to your neighbor's house, take your disc with you because you will want to do their set too. ;)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Also,

You will learn how to use Avia better and better making more tweaks over time furthering improving your picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks