Just upgraded to Infinity speakers...

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Brian Harnish, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Well, I upgraded my two fronts and center channel from Kenwood HTB-504 speakers to two Infinity Primus 250s and a C25 Center Channel. All I have to say is: Holy freakin' CRAPOLA Batman!!! What an incredible difference. I'm *still* noticing a LOT more detail in the sound as I play many of my DVDs again. In many instances I've discovered a lot of detail that has been missing in music and movie soundtracks. What a difference these speakers make!

And, combined with my SVS Subwoofer (that I still have yet to write a review on...be patient. I'll get to it!) I'm going to have a blast with my new upgrades. [​IMG]

I'd give five thumbs up for these speakers but since I have only two thumbs and two big toes, I'll give five virtual thumbs up for an excellent speaker from Infinity. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

Glad to see another happy infinity owner. I've got a SVS PB10 with my Infinity Alpha set up and its great. The Primus 250 are great for the deals on them now.

3. Nick Bum

Nick Bum Stunt Coordinator

Awsome to hear that you are enjoying your new speakers.

4. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

Glad you like them. I went to compusa to check them out @ $99 ea 3 weeks ago. Hooked up to an HK avr630, I was extremely unimpressed (and dissapointed as they were cheap @ 200 pair).
    I then heard JBL E90's hooked up to same receiver that BLEW them away, so I wound up spending about $30 more then I wanted and got a pair of E80's and an Ec35 surround.

As long as you are happy, that si what counts!

5. Dennis Sr

Dennis Sr Auditioning

Brian, Are you still happy with the primus 25 center? I haven't read any reviews on it and I just bought 6 Primus 150's and a JBL-E250 sub and need a decent center.I was thinking of getting the better JBL 250{?}center I've heard good things about it just dont know if it would better to stay with the primus line.

6. Louisp

Louisp Stunt Coordinator

Louis Patrick
    Welcome to Infinity! I'm a very happy owner mayself having started with the able Entra series and now running the Alpha's - 50's, 20's, 10's and 37c Center.

Happy viewing AND listening!

Louisp

7. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

Cool, enjoy!

I think you realize how important good speakers are for a system. Definetly the best upgrade you can get.

Now, you need to start saving for the next upgrade and 10X the price [​IMG]

Are you using a good receiver?