What's new

just turned down my 950 reservation - am i crazy? (1 Viewer)

Kevin T

Screenwriter
we're naturally all aware of the hype involved around this piece of gear. i placed my name on the list sometime early this year. probably in february. well, i just got my email today but it came a day late (actually 3 days late) and a $100 short. i had originally planned to purchase an ead encore from randy_mann but that fell through after receiving a huge dentistry estimate. i finally decided it was too good of a deal to pass up and decided to purchase from randy but he ended up selling the unit before i could get back with him, but, as luck would have it, i found another ead encore available and jumped all over it. and at $100 less than the msrp on the 950, i just couldn't turn it down. hopefully everybody here will be getting their long awaited 950's but i know at least one person is getting my vacated reservation space.

kevin t

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Kevin don't feel bad, I ended up with a Lex MC-1 and will be turning down the 950 when my e-mail arrives.I have debated on whether to go ahead and have them ship it and do a A/B but have almost talked myself out of it.In the last year I have upgraded my pre/pro from Ref 30 to MC-1, my speakers from Studio 100's/CC/ADP/Active 20's to the new Von Schweikerts added another sub to my Servo 15 and purchased a BFD with 2 new Cat sub cables.I think I'll pass on the 950 and upgrade my Parasound 2205a. If anyone knows where I can find a EAD PM1000 let me know.

Thanks,

Steve M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.