Just to let all of you know...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_Fisher, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

I went to Sears two days ago and bought the Sony SAWM40 sub for $139.95. Sears matches online prices. So what I did was go to Etronics.com and printed out the price for the Sony sub and gave it to them and voila!! The total came to be $152 with tax, but if I had bought the sub from Etronics, there would have been a $35 shipping fee which would have pushed it over $170.

So anything that your looking to buy online, look to see if they sell it at Sears. This Sony sub is probably the only HT piece I would buy from them, but I know they do this for nice Sony WEGA TV's too. The only thing they don't do is match prices from sites like eBay.

I hope this helps somebody!

2. Butch C

Butch C Second Unit

My sears makes me add the online shipping cost then tax...My HTB 504 still came out to 440...$60 cheaper than sears price. The policy varies from store to store and manager to manager. BTW If you live in NY E-Tronics is opening thier pick up warehouse in Brooklyn soon...Internet prices and NO SHIPPING!!!

3. EricK

EricK Second Unit

4. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Butch,

How do you like your HTB 504? I bought the HTB 401 three years ago and it treated me very well. I'm just now starting to upgrade the speakers. I still use the same receiver though.

5. Butch C

Butch C Second Unit

I love it...I have an apartment with a 1yr old upstairs so I never really push the volume limits...cannot find a reason why I would need a high end system