What's new

Just stupid. What was she thinking? (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
LOL! Touché!

Let me ask you this... do you think she should be allowed to walk away from this without any consequences? Just because she's a celebrity who freaked out!? She probably just wanted to make some coin on the side by selling her baby's picture and didn't want them to be published without her getting a piece of the action.

BTW, what the hell good is a bodyguard if he's just going to ride shotgun as you race down the highway like a maniac??

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yes, that part is definitely troubling.

Although, there is a side of me that wonders, if your average Joe did that, would he/she REALLY be fined harshly? Would he/she even be pulled over? I guess they might be if the cop was having a bad day or if the driver was being wreckless, but other than that, I've seen guys (driving pickups) drive by cop cars with several kids in the back and they get away with it.

I think we see how celebrities get away with certain things and that notion makes us want to immediately jail them anytime they do something wrong. Not that I don't think she shouldn't be punished, but I know TONS of people who should have had harsher sentences than they've gotten. I mean, my car was practically TOTALLED by a drunk woman who had JUST gotten her car out of the shop from a previous drunk driving accident.

Why was SHE allowed back on the streets? She wasn't a celebrity! :angry:

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

My question is, what exactly should her punishment be? I could, perhaps, understand a visit from child services, and perhaps a fine if she was breaking some child seat law, but other than that, what exactly should be done about it? More would be dangerously close to government intrusion.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Hmmm... I would hope that the police officer wouldn't need to be having a bad day in order to do his job and protect a child.

BTW, I have never seen anyone do anything close to what Britney has done. Is it really that common to see something like that in the U.S.??

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
IF? Is it legal to drive around with your child on your lap in the U.S.??

What a moron. God forbid if she had to hit the brakes in a hurry.

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
I think one of the first things I would do if I felt my child or I was in imminent danger would be to roll up the windows.

Just a thought...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Unfortunately, I didn't know about that number last time I saw it. I should probably put the phone number in my cell phone. :)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
This is quite sad. I've never seen such a thing "in person" before. The most I've ever seen is the possibility of a kid not wearing a seatbelt in the back seat of the car. If I saw someone doing what Britney did I would have to follow them, take down their license plate number and call the police.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.

That was my first thought when I read her excuse and saw the pictures. She has been famous for a while and should be able to deal with paparazzi at this point, especially with the bodyguard with her. That excuse holds no water.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait for the SNL skit where someone wants to take a photo of Britney's baby and she hurls the kid off a cliff and yells "You'll be safe down there! Far away from the cameras!"

OOOOO! Or how about Family Guy?

Photographer: "Hey Peter! Can we get a photo of your baby?"
(Peter throws the baby off a high cliff)
Peter: (with his eyes half closed in a melancholy gaze): "What baby?"

:D

Jimi C

Screenwriter
If somebody had bumped that truck hard enough to deploy the airbag that baby would have been killed.

Her baby didnt have time to do his hair and put on a clean wifebeater t-shirt before leaving the house, he wasnt ready for the camera.

She also needs to get herself a decent detailer to take care of that truck. Paint looks like ass, swirlys everywhere!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
While the fine is small, it can be a serious matter for Children's Protective Services. It opens the door for them to do a "household review".

Britney would be "reviewed" for how fit a parent she is, and how well her child is being treated. Money alone doesn't assist her here. If the review finds other factors (ie, if Britney does drugs, etc.) then it would be a very serious affair.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Brittney literally has to dodge the paparazzi every day that she gets behind the wheel. That makes her excuse no more valid than your average Joe who doesn't wear his seatbelt because he doesn't have time to fasten it.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
The paparazzi excuse/reason is only making it worse, IMO. If anything, she SHOULD restrain the baby then, both because she'd presumably know there'll be pictures taken AND because when she's "escaping" like that it increases the risk of an accident.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
With regards to the seat belt laws: Here in Washington State, there is a safety awareness campaign going with the slogan "Click it or ticket." The police can pull you over if they see that you are NOT wearing a seat belt and the fine is $101.00. I haven't heard what the fine would be for failure to restrain a child properly, but I imagine it's not cheap.

By the by, if she is SO concerned for Sean Preston's wellbeing, why is she dragging him all over the place, knowing she is likely to be jumped by aggressive paparazzi who are just as stupid as she is? And I agree with everyone else here - what's the point of a bodyguard who is obviously not guarding anybody?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks