Just Started getting 3 NEW HD Channels on My BUD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MaxY, Jul 17, 2001.

1. MaxY

MaxY Guest

I just found that there are 3 channels of HD programing coming in on my Big Ugly Dish that are not labeled or in the On Screen Guide. They are digichipher HD that requires a 4dtv and a matching HDD 200 to get.
    It is Paul Allens (from Microsoft and Seahawks owner) new Action Sports Channel. I am currently getting the same exact programing on 3 channels (400-402 on K2).
    They were showing a ESPN News Upconverted and still in 4x3 for a long time. Then I checked in later last night and they were showing some sort of LumberJack Compitition in 16x9 HD. (Note to People who thought we would watch anything in HD, You Were Wrong [​IMG]) So since they are not listed in the On Screen Program Guide and there are no listings for programing in any of the print media yet I plan to keep checking back in hopes of finding something that does itnerest me in HD on their Channel.
    I just thought this was some good news that you might like to hear about. Now give me my Discovery HD.
    Max
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
    Equipment Lists for My HTs

2. Marque D

Marque D Stunt Coordinator

I think if you go to ASCN website they have their programing listed. I think they will broadcast their first live HD feed at the end of the month. (WNBA Fire)
    [Edited last by Marque D on July 17, 2001 at 06:52 PM]

3. Marque D

Marque D Stunt Coordinator

The game is actualy this Sunday at 7 pm.

4. MaxY

MaxY Guest

Hmmm Womans Basketball in HD sounds like it could be real interesting or perhaps very frightening. [​IMG]
    I am just glad to see more HD Choices. It seems that the Big Dish is where the HD channels pop up first. I guess that Some Mini Dish systems will start getting this one soon as well.
    Thanks for the link. I think I am going to try to find some cool HD programs there that might meet my high standards of viewing choices. [​IMG]
    Now I am going to have to start scanning all the birds looking to see if Discovery HD is hiding there somewhere or perhaps something else.
    Max
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
    Equipment Lists for My HTs
    [Edited last by MaxY on July 17, 2001 at 09:12 PM]

5. Michael St. Clair

ASCN seems willing to cut a deal with anybody, so there is no telling who may carry them (don't know what terms the different parties would be asking).
    The other new HD sports channel (by Mark Cuban, starting in November) is going to be DirecTV exclusive. DTV is kicking in cash that is contingent on this new channel not appearing on DISH, Cable, or even BUD. This type of vertical integration would be illegal if DTV were a cable company.