Just Sold My House .... Happy Happy Joy Joy

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Mark Sherman, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman Supporting Actor

Hey guys,

Got the phone call today from my realtor saying that my house was sold. My new house is going to be ready at the end of the month and the best part is that the buyer wants to close on the 15th the same day of my new place.

I am just going out of my mind.

2. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

Congrats on that Mark. I am waiting for my first investment house to sell, its getting nerve racking.

3. Mark Sherman

thanks. Good luck on the property

4. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    I'm looking forward to that call myself.

I'm selling my house and will retire partially on the proceeds. I paid $109K back in 1981 and comps are around $650K......and where I'm moving $200K buys an even nicer house.

5. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

We did the same thing, Dennis. Sold our CA home for twice what we paid for it 5 years ago, moved and bought a house three times the size. We could have paid cash in full but kept some money back to buy new furniture, a deck, etc. My mortgage is less than my car payment. [​IMG]

-paul

6. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

CONGRADS!!!!!

7. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

Mark, congrats on the house stuff!

If you want, maybe I can get all my friends with SUV's to help you move. [​IMG]

8. Mark Sherman

Just as long as they dont talk on the cell phone I'm up for it.[​IMG]

9. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

"the best part is that the buyer wants to close on the 15th"

Same day moves are a complete bitch, I finished on the 28th of Ocotber, and found it to be incredibly stressful.

Brent

Not to mention all the crap involved with owning 2 homes even for a few hours.

10. Mark Sherman

I talked to my realtor on my new place he says that i might be able to get in there on the 14th. It is going to be one hell of a day. 29 days to go[​IMG] Furniture has been set up for delivery and now its on to the fridge.

11. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

Congrats and good luck with the move. We thought we had our house sold, we were supposed to close on Monday. A week and a half before closing the buyer gets cold feet and backs out screwing up many things and costing us a lot of money. Right now I could kill the bastard.[​IMG]

12. Mark Sherman

(HANDS OVER EARS)

LA LA LA LA LA LA IM NOT LISTENING LA LA LA LA LA LA

13. Steve Ridges

Steve Ridges Stunt Coordinator

Hope it goes thru for you. We just sold our place and moved out of state to our new home. We signed all the papers before we left and the buyers were to close in Seattle the day before we closed on our new place in Idaho. We'll, the buyers bank suddenly has problems and holds everything up. We're stuck in Idaho with a moving van parked in front of a house that I can't get into (I needed the funds from my old house to close on the new one). Ater waiting for a week (every day, they told us it would close tomorrow) and paying storage fees to the moving company, I finally went with a bridge loan so I could at least get into my new house. The sale on my old place finally closed 2 weeks after that.

I hope yours goes smoothly.

14. Mark Sherman

I just had the P & S faxed over to me so it looks like everythng is going smooth so far. Knock wood. I have been on a lucky streak lately. Kicking ass at work, meeting a new girl and now the house. The happy Trifecta as I call it.

15. Mark Sherman

2 weeks to go. Just picked out my new fridge, new kitchen set, living room and bedroom . its gonna be insane when they all show up at the same time. the best part is that all my new stuff was paid for by comedy. I saved all my money from my gigs over the last year.

Also I have been going through all my stuff at the old house clothes funiture artwork etc etc etc. My old dining room set GONE most of my old artwork GONE. I have a wine rack and a couch and love seat to go. if all works out Ill have my bed, my system, and a few boxes.

I'll put up some picks when Im up and running and as soon as I learn how to post pictures.

Most happy right now

Sherm

16. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Congrats Mark. [​IMG]

17. Mark Sherman

THANKS.

18. Mark Sherman

Hey Guys,

Finally in the new house. Moved in last friday and i cant be happier. Im still getting used to it being so quiet, since I dont have any upstairs neighbors anymore. plus I walking down stairs in the morning is a new thing for me. I was living in a one level con do for 7 years and had no space for anything. Now i have a basement and an attic.

All the new furniture arrived last week so my house looks like a house and not a huge Void with Boxes and shit in it.

later