What's new

Just Shoot Me. Where? (1 Viewer)

Benson R

Supporting Actor
NBC and the other networks must be run by utter and complete morons. They did nothing to promote the show and killed it. And after they killed it they could have salvaged the remaining episodes by promoting the end of the series. The show does well in syndication so it must have an audience that would be drawn to watch the series conclusion. Add to this that they have seriously alienated the series creator who now will not likely have NBC at the top of his list for where to bring his next series.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Levitan said that after he expressed his anger over the show's removal, Zucker told Levitan's agent, Jay Sures of United Talent Agency, that his client would not be working for NBC again. Sures declined comment.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Not that it appears to matter anymore, but did they get rid of Rena Sofer's character?
She was in the first of Tuesday's two episodes.

JSM was never what I would call a great sitcom, but characters like Nina & Finch ensured it was always funny. I was looking forward to the final episodes, especially since the last one was supposed to provide a bit of closure. The show deserved better than this.

According to an article I read this morning, NBC may burn off the remaining episodes over the summer. So keep your TiVo Season Passes active, JSM fans!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
::sigh:: To where? I mean, something's got to have that timeslot.

Of course, the obvious place - I think - would be Thursday nights where NBC will be doubling up Friends and Will & Grace with reruns anyway.

Add to this that they have seriously alienated the series creator who now will not likely have NBC at the top of his list for where to bring his next series.
Well, how many TV producers have that sort of clout, really? Jerry Bruckheimer or Dick Wolf, and maybe David E. Kelley (although how much ABC would want the next project after Snoops and girls club is an open question). Levitan's last few projects are Stark Raving Mad, Greg The Bunny, and Oliver Beene; I don't know as he'd exactly be in the driver's seat.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I knew it was going to die when they pulled it out of the Thursday night lineup.

Unless you have TIVO, any show that gets moved around is in serious trouble. Maybe we should have taken the hint when it went off the air for 6 weeks. (Friends didn't do that)

I have found it interesting that the shows that are on each night are mentioned during the news, which helps, but only if you watch it on that station.

I hope it'll teach those idiots a lesson.
Hey, did anyone catch GL on JSM a few months back?

Glenn

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

GL? I assume you mean George Lucas (see, not too hard to type it, is it :)), and that once again reminded me that he should stay away from the front of the cameras (his other cameo in "Beverly Hills Cop 3" was the worst thing about that movie... and that movie stunk :)).

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks