What's new

Just Shoot Me. Where? (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Has Just shoot me been canceled? I wonder because it has been weeks since I have seen it on NBC and their website lists no new shows in the immediate future.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I've been wondering the same thing, and was actually going to post the same question here today, but you beat me to it. :)

I did a search on Zap2it, and that didn't give much, except a brief mention that the show's ratings have slipped.

I hope it's not cancelled, I still enjoy it a lot.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
This has got to be the least promoted show on NBC. It's been months since I've seen a commercial for a new episode of JSM. I checked to see if it was still going a few months ago because I thought it had been cancelled, but nope, still on the NBC site.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Looks like it's been pre-empted for sweeps month, which is never a good sign. I suspect this will be the last year for JSM.

Don Black

Screenwriter
Its ratings have been awful for the last season or so. I think they even pulled the plug on the new female character.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Ratings are awful because I never knew exactly when it was on. Now that I have a Tivo, It's absent. :frowning:

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, NBC seemed to have dropped their support for JSM this season. I'm guessing it won't be back next season. I hope they give it a decent send-off this season at least.

Brian_FSullivan

Stunt Coordinator
Has Just shoot me been canceled? I wonder because it has been weeks since I have seen it on NBC and their website lists no new shows in the immediate future.
It was originally scheduled to return on February 25 however NBC decided to replace the series with the second season of "Dog Eat Dog" (with reality being so hot lately and all). Those plans got shelved recently as NBC will now air its revival of "Let's Make a Deal" (which was originally scheduled to air on Saturday nights) in the Tuesday, 8-9 p.m. eastern slot beginning March 4. NBC made the switch after seeing solid numbers for its "Outrageous Game Show Moments" specials in the Tuesday slot. "Dog" will instead return this summer.

So far "Deal's" run is only expected to be five weeks meaning no "Just Shoot Me" until at the very least April 8. With the series' ratings in the toilet (it's literally NBC's least watched show this year) none of these moves are really a surprise and expectations for an eighth season are very low. More than likely you'll see the 13 episodes left in its order burned off this summer.

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
Bite the bullet and give brother Donny (David Cross) his own spinoff. I would watch that every night if they showed it.

Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
David Spade was on "The Tonight Show" yesterday, and Jay asked him about what's going on with JSM and why it's not on the air anymore. David said he didn't know when it'd be back or what was going on, but that they're still filming new episodes. He joked that they'll probably go straight to video.

So at least we'll hopefully get a real final episode if they decide to cancel it.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
There is a short interview with Wendie Malick (Nina Van Horn) in next week's "TV Guide". It's mainly about her role in the first episode of Fox's new "Oliver Beene", but she also talks about the rapid decline of JSM. She said something about hoping they would get the cancellation notice early enough so that they could film a proper finale.

Stick a fork in JSM - it's done.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I don't understand why the networks are constantly preempting their shows for reality programming. I understand that the reality shows often bring big ratings but these shows have a short shelf life whereas a good sitcom or drama can be a hit for many years. By preempting scripted programming constantly they guarantee those shows won't build an audience and will lose the one they have.

Sure Dog Eat Dog might bring reliable ratings now, but a year from now no one will even remember what the show was. Just Shoot Me on the other hand was a minor hit for NBC with a regular audience and probably still had another couple years in it.

Don Black

Screenwriter
That's why people are saying that we will soon witness a boom in cable programming. As the big networks finance and then pass on lots of pilots, the cable networks will step in to pickup the good ones that got passed over b/c of this reality nonsense.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
So who missed the new episode of "Just Shoot Me" last night? I think I had seen a promo for it, but it had completely slipped my mind, I accidentally checked the Tivo guide just after 7:30 and saw that it was on, but there was actually TWO episodes back to back, starting at 7:00, so I missed the first one. :frowning:

Good episode (as usual, IMO), I'm glad they'll at least show the ones they have in the can already, even if the show will get cancelled after this season.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
According to imdb.com the show has been canceled after Tuesday's abysmal ratings.

The producer of the show was told by NBC that the show would have run uninterrupted until May's series finale.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Well, no wonder it didn't get good ratings - who the hell knew that it was on, much less that it was 2 new episodes?

It would be like Fox complaining about Futurama's ratings...

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks