What's new

Just Shoot Me! Season Three... What's the Word? (1 Viewer)

TVAdam

Grip
Real Name
Adam
Okay, I know Sony has said that season three is "coming soon." But then, I was over at imdb and someone posted over there that someone here said that Sony has canceled their plans for the release. But I didn't see any news for it here.

I just became a fan of the show this week (I own seasons one and two already) and am anxious for the third season release. So... what's the word on "Just Shoot Me: The Complete Third Season"?

I know a release date isn't known, or it would have been mentioned in the news section. I'm just asking if the plans were canceled.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

You're basing that statement on a pamphlet Sony had included in some TV-DVD set you recently purchase, right? It mentioned it on the back cover of that pamphlet?

Sorry, but that's the exact same pamphlet they've been distributing as an insert all year. We reported on it way back in February:

Site News DVD news: Sony 'Coming Soon' Notices on New Pamphlet | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Shortly after that, Sony told us basically that things had changed since that pamphlet was designed and printed. The title was, generally speaking, part of their plans when the pamphlet was designed. It is not currently part of their upcoming release schedule, nor is it expected to be soon.

So yeah, I guess it's fair to say "plans were canceled"...but I don't think those plans were ever very far along, honestly. My gut feeling is that the pamphlet-maker probably jumped the gun on that one, and got a lot of fans worked up for what amounts to nothing. This is made even worse by the fact that Sony came through on the other "coming soon" titles on the pamphlet (Party of Five, Bewitched, Jeannie).

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Just Shoot Me just had a bad experience on TVLand and seems to have failed miserably, that Season 3 coming soon first popped up when TVLand picked up the series and pushed it hard on those wanting and expecting much older shows on that station. I think this push influenced the ad and the failure influenced the delay or cancellation.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
well, it would mean Sony having to release a future set of a show.... they can't possibly get off their lazy bones and do that when there's more important things to do, like releasing the first season of Seinfeld on a standalone

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
TV Land seems to have totally revamped their lineup starting this week. Just Shoot Me has been gone, and now Mad About You and Designing Women seem to be, too, in favor of the Jeffersons, Three's Company and some other standbys.

Now, I tend to be more into the latter than the former, but I did watch the entire run of Just Shoot Me on TV Land. They got through it at least twice. And, in all of that time, I have never, NEVER heard the credit music. She gets most of the way through a single sentence, and they squeeze it down and have a voiceover. TBS isn't much better. If there is a scene running beneath the credits, they will let it play--TV Land didn't even do that, the bastards. But, they squeeze it when it's just the theme song.

All that said, I really came to enjoy the show a lot, even though it's normally not my type of show. Though DVD would be a much better way to enjoy it, I'm just not inclined to buy it. Not when I've just seen most of the episodes twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobRWA123
Recent bookmarks