What's new

Just seen the new Macbook and now I want a new PRO (1 Viewer)

ErichH

Screenwriter

I've been fighting Apple Lust for 15 years. Every time I think I'm over it, something gets me in trouble.
Economy has a nice way of leveling the urge these days but the iPhone itch is still here. Reading David Pogue's iPhone 3G book was a mistake.

Your 2 year old Pro is still a sweet box. Break out a new microfiber and give the keys a nice rub ;)

Graham Perks

Second Unit
Nehalem is barely out for desktops. Nehalem won't be out for notebooks under late 2009. If you wait for that, you'll be waiting for a year.

The new MBPs are pretty sweet. I especially like that with the lower GPU engaged, it runs far cooler than the old ones. The build precision is evident especially with the lid closed. Everything lines up perfectly. The gap between body and screen is completely uniform. It reminds me of something eerily cylon.

The older models are pretty sweet, the new ones definitely have the classiness cranked up a couple of big notches.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yes I think those of us who counseled waiting (maybe it was just me) knew this. The advice was to Ron specifically who has a ~2 year old MBP. As I said, if he's got $2K to throw around, then why not upgrade, despite the fact that the new MBPs benchmark perhaps 15-20% better than his version. But if he doesn't have that kind of disposable cash burning a hole in his pocket (and in this economy not many people do) then waiting a year for the Nehalem refresh will yield a machine that will benchmark ~50% faster than his machine. If I were in his shoes (and I am, owning a 2.33GHz C2D MBP) that's what I would do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks