What's new

"just say no" (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Hey Jeremy, how did you get your rental system into place? Did you just one day start telling people, "Yeah, you can borrow it, but I'm going to charge you a buck?" I wouldn't mind loaning my discs - in jewel cases - to certain people if they were willing to contribute to my DVD fund.
Well, in my case it happened because at our office, three people had gotten DVD players for Christmas. Luckily, one person in the office spoke up and said "I'll just rent them from Jeremy instead of giving Blockbuster all my money for late fees." That woman gives me $40 a month to rent movies, so that helps with the crack habit, and none of them have returned any disc in anything other than flawless condition. And since DVD Profiler keeps my movie list accessible on the internet, they can look to see what they want and e-mail their requests to me to bring to work the next day.
Of course, they've also paid me to come set up HTIB systems, adjust delay times, help them run speaker wire, calibrate their TV's and receivers (which more than paid for my copy of Avia and my SPL meter), etc. So it all works out for me...
biggrin.gif

The funniest was my cheap-ass boss using little dinky Cambridge speakers and no sub with an Onkyo 575x and saying "I wouldn't hear a difference with a subwoofer." I managed to talk the cheap bastard into the $150 Sony sub, and he loves it. I'M SPREADING MY ADDICTION TO OTHERS! In fact... today I convinced one of my coworkers to replace the Kenwood HTIB speakers with some Polks (because they're ON SALE!).
laugh.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks