What's new

Just saw 'LOSER' on cable, and I can now see Nick So's point. (1 Viewer)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
As I told Matthew in another thread, if you would like to see, ahem, more of Emmanuelle, run to the video store and rent La Belle Noiseuse!
Or I could just look at screencaps of the film online!
biggrin.gif

------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen Loser yet, but I'm more interested in the fact that's it's supposed to be a remake of Billy Wilder's The Apartment than of Mena Suvari being in it. (sorry Mena fans
biggrin.gif
)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Maybe one of these days we'll see a movie starring Emmanuelle Beart as the disapproving mom of two of her wild teenage daughters starred by Mena Suvari and Rini Bell. The movie is about the hijinks that ensue when cousins played by Ivana Milisevic and Estella Warren come for a visit. Throw in mud wrestling, a fun visit to Victoria's Secret in a local shopping, and a trip to Las Vegas and you'll have a movie you won't forget. Rated R by the MPAA.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Don't feel bad Nick. I'd probably catch hell from everyone if they knew how sexy I thought Eric Scott looked in a mini skirt.
tongue.gif
Oops....Uh Oh
------------------
rock_band.gif
"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Nick, I hear Mena is quite popular with the ichthyologists! Heh, heh, heh...
biggrin.gif

------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I've been searching around the net for pics of Mena, and I don't get you guys, SHE IS HOT!!
What's the problem?
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Everybody that doesn't like Mena Suvari, raise your hand.
Well, seeing as I don't see anybody raising their hand, I can now come to the scientific conclusion that everybody loves Mena.
laugh.gif

So don't sweat it Nick. Some people are just afraid to admit they need glasses.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
)
Um, Richard, are you serious? I hadn't heard that. Loser doesn't really bear a resemblance to The Apartment except that it's a romantic comedy about a guy who is interested in a woman who is in a relationship with someone in authority. That's about it.
BTW, I seem to be one of the few people who actually liked Loser. It was trashed unmercifully by the critics, but I think the flaws can be overlooked because of the appeal of the leads. I'm also a sucker for the slacker/outcast/loser type of romantic comedy.
My roommate thinks Menu Suvari is absolutely disgusting. While I didn't find her too attractive in American Pie or American Beauty, I think she is absolutely adorable in Loser. Strange, but true.
= Derek =

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
quote: I'm also a sucker for the slacker/outcast/loser type of romantic comedy.[/quote]
Same here... maybe its because it gives me hope that something like that happening to me someday... :)
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
Birthday: November 29 (Sagittarius)
Horoscope:
Sagittarius - You are very sexy and women are attracted to you.
[Edited last by NickSo on October 24, 2001 at 09:43 PM]

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Maybe one of these days we'll see a movie starring Emmanuelle Beart as the disapproving mom of two of her wild teenage daughters starred by Mena Suvari and Rini Bell. The movie is about the hijinks that ensue when cousins played by Ivana Milisevic and Estella Warren come for a visit. Throw in mud wrestling, a fun visit to Victoria's Secret in a local shopping, and a trip to Las Vegas and you'll have a movie you won't forget. Rated R by the MPAA.
Damn, if only that was a real movie... :)
biggrin.gif

------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
quote: Damn, what I'd give to be a piano seat![/quote]
quote: You are baaah...d! Did you know her second instrument is the flute?[/quote]
Careful what you say, guys! Ms. Grimaud raises wolves! Really! :)
------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire
[Edited last by SteveGon on October 24, 2001 at 11:26 PM]

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Dome, you said the two magic words, Ivana and Milicevic!
But if that movie ever came out, I would have to wait for the dvd to really um, "enjoy" it! :)
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Terrifyingly, Derek's post sums up my feelings exactly. I enjoyed Loser, even though I've found every other Jason Biggs movie I've seen to be borderline-unwatchable, especially Boys and Girls (my least favorite movie of 1999 by a mile).
I thought Mena looked fairly cute in Loser, but in every other movie, she looks like an anthropomorphic carp with strange teeth.
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Oops. Sorry, I have not seen Loser yet. On the IMDB, it says that Loser is a remake of The Apartment, which is one of my favorite films.
Link Removed
Regardless, I'm going to set aside time to watch Loser sometime.
[Edited last by Richard Kim on October 25, 2001 at 09:25 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks