What's new

Just saw a Sony HTiB for $365 Canadian? (1 Viewer)

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
I was at sears the other day looking at HTiB setups. I saw a nice little Sony setup for $365 Canadian. I didn't think much of it at the time but when I went to the sony web site the cheapest one I could see was $700 american. The Sony had 5 small silver/grey satellite speakers and a rather large subwoofer. I am starting to think that this price is a mistake, however, if a store advertises the wrong price aren't they obligated to sell it for that price? Can someone tell me if there is something wrong here?

Timothy_A.

Agent
Justin: You might try going to the BestBuy or CircuitCity web sites and comparing what you saw with what is there. Sears.com might have the system you saw online, too. Then compare all of the specs. That will give you a starting point. Be sure and come back here if you have any questions. $365C seems pretty inexpensive. I'm curious as to what the product is. BTW, what is your budget for an HT?

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
Just called up Sears to verify the price. It seems that is the price just for the speaker set not the reciever. I am on a cheap high school student's budget. I guess I can only afford about $400 Canadian, not a whole lot to work with I know.

Robert Mayrand

Stunt Coordinator
At your price range there are two model wich might interest you the sony htb-5 and the the JVC htb-5. Both retail around 499$can at future.shop or audiotronics in Canada. Both sound pretty much the same, But some time you can get the JVC as I did on sale at future shop for 439$. Those are the least expensive home theater in a box that include all the speaker and the receiver dts capable and with an amplified subwoofer. There are some other cheaper like the rca the difference between their 250 and 500 is that the 500 is capable of decoding dts, but both do no come wih an amplified sub, wich i think is a must.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks